Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had the Bronco for a year and have cycled the doors off and back on at least 6 times. Last week I took them off for the first time in about 3-4 months and on all four doors the bottom bolt was barely finger tight. The upper bolts were all perfectly snug. I use the socket wrench from the supplied tool kit every time.

Has anyone else noticed the door bolts working themselves loose?

The obvious answer is probably that I didn't tighten them enough, but this hasn't happened any of the other times. Also if there were a tendency for them to work loose in one direction (like only when my kids slam the doors) I would expect it to be something like the lower bolts on the driver side and upper bolts on the passenger side since the slams would be coming from different directions.
Sponsored

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bottom bolt on front passenger side door is always working itself loose on mine.

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody tried threadlocker?

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had this, I even had a bolt fall out when my wife got in passenger side. I'm hoping that I just didn't tighten them enough after replacing doors. I did get the clicking noise as a warning, so something to watch out for.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
it wasnt clicking like crazy? If mine are finger tight they click hard.

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely no clicking with the bottom bolts loose. Maybe it only clicks if the top bolt is loose?

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems to be a common problem. As stated above, the clicking noise when opening and closing is a dead giveaway that they need tightened.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had the Bronco for a year and have cycled the doors off and back on at least 6 times. Last week I took them off for the first time in about 3-4 months and on all four doors the bottom bolt was barely finger tight. The upper bolts were all perfectly snug. I use the socket wrench from the supplied tool kit every time.

Has anyone else noticed the door bolts working themselves loose?

The obvious answer is probably that I didn't tighten them enough, but this hasn't happened any of the other times. Also if there were a tendency for them to work loose in one direction (like only when my kids slam the doors) I would expect it to be something like the lower bolts on the driver side and upper bolts on the passenger side since the slams would be coming from different directions.
I addressed this on another thread. Hope this helps...

If you tighten the bolts to the recommended torque of 22 ft-lbs (30 Nm), they won’t back out. That seems a little tighter than you might intuitively expect if doing it purely by feel, but it is not so tight that it will cause the bolts to plastically deform or break. A torque wrench is your friend here, and even if you don’t like using one routinely, you should do it at least once to help mentally calibrate your own intuitive feel.

FFF80933-1306-4F37-9AD0-6DD9793DC9DE.jpeg

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My doors have been on and off multiple times, over 30 if I had to guess. First 3-5 times the bolts would loosen up over a day or 2 and I would retighten them. Now they stay put on the first tightening. So for me they ended up working themselves out.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Periodically check them after reinstalling my doors. Its part of my routine maintenance now.
Sponsored