Sponsored

Sooo intercoolers, BOV and headers?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I'm more concerned in where the power curve is / will be . Making peak HP /Tq means nothing if its in an unusable rpm range. I want the torque to be down low for tail use. My understanding of having twin-turbos is to have a more constant power curve, where when one turbo is cutting out the other is cutting in to alleviate lag. Am I thinking correctly?

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personally I'm more concerned in where the power curve is / will be . Making peak HP /Tq means nothing if its in an unusable rpm range. I want the torque to be down low for tail use. My understanding of having twin-turbos is to have a more constant power curve, where when one turbo is cutting out the other is cutting in to alleviate lag. Am I thinking correctly?
That is true in some applications, but not this one. You have two equal size turbos each feeding their own bank of cylinders.

Small turbos, quick spool, FAT torque curve through the most usable part of the rpm range.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is true in some applications, but not this one. You have two equal size turbos each feeding their own bank of cylinders.

Small turbos, quick spool, FAT torque curve through the most usable part of the rpm range.
Thanks, I'm a Turbo newbie & trying to read up on this engine.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
full torque by 3000 rpms should be very responsive from both the 2.7 and 2.3. See baseline dynos on a Ranger 2.3 and F150 2.7 From another thread:

Ford Bronco Sooo intercoolers, BOV and headers? 46D548B2-2751-4BA5-8758-D4A1D237AC55

Sponsored

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tune and downpipe for me. I'd say intake, but this is my first off-road vehicle, and I plan to learn to use it appropriately, so I imagine the stock airbox will be better at keeping trail funk from the engine.

I'm not sure I'll go much further than that (I'm lying to myself, and all of you, forgive me.)

There are lots of intakes with sealed boxes, I agree there is no place for an open filter style intake.....those cause heat, suck in heat and dust... not good.But in the F150 intakes there is really no need, the stock bock will support all the custom tunes you can throw at it

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like people are really sleeping on the 2.7 it’s an amazing engine. It’s got so much potential I expect to see a lot of 400+ hp tunes once the aftermarket really digs into it.

Bronco Country

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI (500 hp)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Coming from a heavily modified big turbo 500 hp mk7 GTI, I will be just fine with an IC, intake, DP and exhaust.

VD of GTI...
Ford Bronco Sooo intercoolers, BOV and headers? 20200721_155110

Last Dragy with not the best DA for 60-100.

Ford Bronco Sooo intercoolers, BOV and headers? Screenshot_20200802-171614_dragy

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't want a BOV, though would like to see upgraded re circulation valves

D K

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well the 2.7 won't have headers since its a direct-to-head turbo. The exhaust port is integrated in the cylinder head.
The 2.3 will have lots of choices thankfully from the Mustang and Focus crowd.
If the Sasquatch will be available in the manual, it will be a hilarious car to drive
Sponsored