Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't live in a bad neighborhood (well, anymore) so my Bronco is typically out of theft's way. But on occasion I have to park it overnight at a local Park and Ride. The shiny new tire on the back looks great, but it could be overly attractive late at night. I looked here for "spare tire lock" and didn't see much... any really good suggestions?

There are three bolts holding the tire and rim on, maybe something for one or more of the other three holes?

Thanks,
Dave
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to Autozone and bought wheel locks, i.e. lug-nut locks. They come four to a package, but I need five! So I bought two, making sure that the "key" patterns were different. In installed them as follows: Two different "key" patterns on each side, left & right. Then two different "key" patterns on the spare.
Remember, nothing is an absolute defense against theft or other crimes. What you want to do is make it as difficult, time-consuming, and public as you can to thwart the lower-levels criminal expertise. At a certain point, competent thieves will succeed.
At that overnight park-and-ride, chose as visible and well lit a location as possible--if a security camera is nearby, so much the better.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't live in a bad neighborhood (well, anymore) so my Bronco is typically out of theft's way. But on occasion I have to park it overnight at a local Park and Ride. The shiny new tire on the back looks great, but it could be overly attractive late at night. I looked here for "spare tire lock" and didn't see much... any really good suggestions?

There are three bolts holding the tire and rim on, maybe something for one or more of the other three holes?

Thanks,
Dave
Couldn't you just use a wheel lock?

Sponsored
OP
OP
MrParticular

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
MrParticular

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Before 2 dozen people point them out, don't POPULAR locking lug nuts only slow down the inept thieves?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went to Autozone and bought wheel locks, i.e. lug-nut locks. They come four to a package, but I need five! So I bought two, making sure that the "key" patterns were different. In installed them as follows: Two different "key" patterns on each side, left & right. Then two different "key" patterns on the spare.
Remember, nothing is an absolute defense against theft or other crimes. What you want to do is make it as difficult, time-consuming, and public as you can to thwart the lower-levels criminal expertise. At a certain point, competent thieves will succeed.
At that overnight park-and-ride, chose as visible and well lit a location as possible--if a security camera is nearby, so much the better.
They also come in 5's.

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought a set of lug locks from the dealer (5), made by MacGuard. Keep the “key” under the floor with the Jack so you never lose it. Then cover it with a $45 spare tire cover from Amazon 😎

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought a set of lug locks from the dealer (5), made by MacGuard. Keep the “key” under the floor with the Jack so you never lose it. Then cover it with a $45 spare tire cover from Amazon 😎
Don't keep the key unlocked. Keep it in your toolkit locked in glovebox.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Before 2 dozen people point them out, don't POPULAR locking lug nuts only slow down the inept thieves?
There isn't very much that will stop a determined, competent thief. But most thieves are not that and you can stop the vast majority of thefts by making it inconvenient.

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't keep the key unlocked. Keep it in your toolkit locked in glovebox.
If they want it that bad, I’ve got insurance. Lug locks won’t stop the pros, unfortunately. But I see your point for those readers who don’t live in Jersey or NYC 😂
Sponsored