Sponsored

Speaker wire upgrade when adding amplifier?

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone upgraded the speaker wire to a larger gauge when adding amplifiers for mids and highs? I'm adding a D-6.1200 and I have some 18 gauge speed wire I was thinking of using to go from the t-harness to the amp and then from the amp back to the harness to hit the speakers. It looks like the t-harness is 18 gauge so I'm not sure if it makes sense to use 14 gauge from the amp to the t-harness because the homerun to the speakers is also looks like 18 gauge. It would only make sense to use 14 gauge from the amp directly to each speaker if anything.

Anyone with any input in reference to this?
Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone upgraded the speaker wire to a larger gauge when adding amplifiers for mids and highs? I'm adding a D-6.1200 and I have some 18 gauge speed wire I was thinking of using to go from the t-harness to the amp and then from the amp back to the harness to hit the speakers. It looks like the t-harness is 18 gauge so I'm not sure if it makes sense to use 14 gauge from the amp to the t-harness because the homerun to the speakers is also looks like 18 gauge. It would only make sense to use 14 gauge from the amp directly to each speaker if anything.

Anyone with any input in reference to this?
That is exactly what I used for my setup. Speedwire to go from head unit to amp and 14 gauge speaker wire from amp to speakers. 10 gauge speaker wire for the sub.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/#post-1403301

OP
OP
BIGRedRidingHood
First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is exactly what I used for my setup. Speedwire to go from head unit to amp and 14 gauge speaker wire from amp to speakers. 10 gauge speaker wire for the sub.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/#post-1403301
Cool - thanks for the response. My system will be similar, though I'm going to use all 6 channels of the d-6.1200 for dash, kick panels, and rear pods. For the base I'm using a JL RD 500/1 to power a JL 12 box. Still on the fence about speakers - I have the Focal 100 ACX in the dash right noe but I'm thinking about upgrading for the higher power, and also replacing the kick panels and pods with higher quality speakers.
Sponsored