First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone else having issues with a squeaky rear seat in a 4 door? Just started randomly after about 11k miles. Just squeaks when one of my kids is sitting back there on the passenger side. Sounds like a squeaky spring or a metal on metal squeak when going over small bumps. It's driving me crazy. Of course, dealership can't replicate the problem.
Sponsored

SLCBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have some kind of squeak in the back that sounds the same as described but I’m still trying to pinpoint it. It just started in the last few days and I’m sitting at about 16k miles.

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. We first had the door seal on the rear lid of the MIC top & now the rear passenger side when about 90 pounds are in it. My son thinks that it is tied to the location where the 2 seatbelt receptacles come together. He can put them in a bind & it seems to stop. I have not taken it to the dealership yet.

OP
OP

nomorejl

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes. We first had the door seal on the rear lid of the MIC top & now the rear passenger side when about 90 pounds are in it. My son thinks that it is tied to the location where the 2 seatbelt receptacles come together. He can put them in a bind & it seems to stop. I have not taken it to the dealership yet.
I've taken that seat out twice now and even took the seat cover off the bottom this last time. Just trying to find anything that would squeak. Turns out, after reading your post, it's the spring on the seat belt receptacles. I can easily replicate the sound by moving them around. I'm assuming it only squeaks when one of the kids is back there because they are buckled up and the bumps move the buckle and spring.
Thanks for the help!

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've taken that seat out twice now and even took the seat cover off the bottom this last time. Just trying to find anything that would squeak. Turns out, after reading your post, it's the spring on the seat belt receptacles. I can easily replicate the sound by moving them around. I'm assuming it only squeaks when one of the kids is back there because they are buckled up and the bumps move the buckle and spring.
Thanks for the help!
That is great!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone else having issues with a squeaky rear seat in a 4 door? Just started randomly after about 11k miles. Just squeaks when one of my kids is sitting back there on the passenger side. Sounds like a squeaky spring or a metal on metal squeak when going over small bumps. It's driving me crazy. Of course, dealership can't replicate the problem.
Hello, Scott!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern on your Bronco. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have some kind of squeak in the back that sounds the same as described but I’m still trying to pinpoint it. It just started in the last few days and I’m sitting at about 16k miles.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

shjtexas

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did y'all ever find a fix for this? Been having this exact issue when my kids are in the back seat.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did y'all ever find a fix for this? Been having this exact issue when my kids are in the back seat.
Good morning! If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. I’ll look into this squeak concern for you. Thank you!

RingoBroco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the help!
My son helped me confirm this diagnosis. It’s terrible. We always go in the F150if my son is going with us. Anyone found a way to fix it???

Sponsored

JFinn514

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am new to this forum and curious if anyone has found a fix? My 4 door outerbanks started around 6000 miles making a chirping noise anytime I hit a bump while there was a person in the rear passenger seat. It is now at the dealer for the third time as not only have they not been able to fix it yet, but the noise has gotten worse. Now, anytime I hit a bump whether there is someone in the seat or not I get an obnoxious and anoying noise from the rear.
It has been bad enough having my brand new Bronco lose all of the engine coolant while driving because hose clamps weren't tightened, and windows that continue to rattle even after going to the dealer twice to have them fixed, but this noise is beyond tollerable. I am posting a video that captures what happens whenever a bump is hit. Any assistance in finding a fix will be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP

nomorejl

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am new to this forum and curious if anyone has found a fix? My 4 door outerbanks started around 6000 miles making a chirping noise anytime I hit a bump while there was a person in the rear passenger seat. It is now at the dealer for the third time as not only have they not been able to fix it yet, but the noise has gotten worse. Now, anytime I hit a bump whether there is someone in the seat or not I get an obnoxious and anoying noise from the rear.
It has been bad enough having my brand new Bronco lose all of the engine coolant while driving because hose clamps weren't tightened, and windows that continue to rattle even after going to the dealer twice to have them fixed, but this noise is beyond tollerable. I am posting a video that captures what happens whenever a bump is hit. Any assistance in finding a fix will be greatly appreciated.

Mine did not sound that bad. It was annoying, but not near as loud as yours. I ended up just putting a little bit of lubricant on the little springs on the seat belt receptacle and that cleared up my issue

JFinn514

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine did not sound that bad. It was annoying, but not near as loud as yours. I ended up just putting a little bit of lubricant on the little springs on the seat belt receptacle and that cleared up my issue
I just picked up my bronco from the dealer for the third time for this issue. They replaced the seat belt and spring and said upon test driving there was no noise at all. As soon as I hit the first bump there was that same noise again. I am at a complete loss. The service manager said I need to expect with a truck like this there are going to be noises. But this noise on a brand new vehicle is not only beyond annoying, it’s completely unacceptable.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

dahandel

Badlands
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever figure out this squeak mine is exactly the same and I can’t figure it out to save my life
Sponsored