Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Tailgate squeaky noise/rattle IMG_0559

It’s been 4 months since I upgraded the tires/wheels on my base Bronco, and apart from loving the way it looks, I found out since day one after driving it, that the tailgate rattles while driving on/off road or even passing a little bump because of the big spare tire and the wheels negative offset. The stock bump-stop was not long enough to reach the spare tire.

So long story short I got the RC Reinforcement tailgate mount and magically the annoying noise is gone for good!!

Looking through the blog was not able to find a solution! or even a longer bump-stop (nothing on ford parts/accessories website either). Hopefully this helps others! And you know the are many pricey options to reinforce the tailgate spare tire after mounting beefy tires! But so far so good with the RC one (cheaper).

Ford Bronco Tailgate squeaky noise/rattle IMG_0556
Sponsored

Jsb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco wildtrack, 2019 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the RC one as well with a 37 inch tire. It has the 3rd brake light extender and spare tire relocation bracket. No rattles or squeaks. There are threads on here for longer bump stops for your tire on your tailgate.

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the same issue and installed the RC bracket and it was fine for a month or so but started squeaking again. I replaced RC bracket with the Smittybilt and now no issues for 3 months so far. The Smittybilt replaced the entire hinge assembly. I wish I would have just gone straight to that setup initially to save some money. I am running 37’s.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the same issue and installed the RC bracket and it was fine for a month or so but started squeaking again. I replaced RC bracket with the Smittybilt and now no issues for 3 months so far. The Smittybilt replaced the entire hinge assembly. I wish I would have just gone straight to that setup initially to save some money. I am running 37’s.
Same. I installed the RC one because at the time it was one of the first released, but it was still making a bunch of noise shortly after. I just ordered the turn offroad setup which seems a lot better/stronger. Excited to see how it works out.

Sponsored

thatch11b

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 DR Softtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I used racket balls wedged between the bump stops and the tire. Works great and is a cheap solution.

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same. I installed the RC one because at the time it was one of the first released, but it was still making a bunch of noise shortly after. I just ordered the turn offroad setup which seems a lot better/stronger. Excited to see how it works out.
Nice, the Turn off-road looks extremely strong and I was looking at that one as well!