First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' mustang gt premium 22' BD 2.3 SAS 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI for all doing this mod. BE VERY CAREFULL, don't pry on the color pieces, get behind them to the black plastics, your bronco trim pieces are just glued onto the black mounting braces and can easily separate when getting to the tail lights, I popped one on each and had to try and glue the color trim back on
Sponsored

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI for all doing this mod. BE VERY CAREFULL, don't pry on the color pieces, get behind them to the black plastics, your bronco trim pieces are just glued onto the black mounting braces and can easily separate when getting to the tail lights, I popped one on each and had to try and glue the color trim back on
There are instruction in the manual with diagrams within the infotainment system. (I also pasted in this thread if I remember correctly).

ingalsbeans

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Read the manual, still not quite sure what parts to yank on or not. Does anyone have a video so i don't snap something off the first week i have this dang thing? lol i tried to do it earlier and it stressed me out

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Read the manual, still not quite sure what parts to yank on or not. Does anyone have a video so i don't snap something off the first week i have this dang thing? lol i tried to do it earlier and it stressed me out
There are 3 plastic fasteners that need to be removed first. They’re on the inside of he tailgate well. Start there. They’re kind of a POS. But, easily replaceable from any local auto parts store.

The biggest tip I have - hold onto that painted lower corner when you’re prying the clips out. Mine went flying once the last clip let loose and damaged the corner a bit. Luckily it’s not too noticeable.

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're stronger than you think...

Sponsored

nrm101

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' mustang gt premium 22' BD 2.3 SAS 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll try and get some pictures as i have to fix mine again as the "quick" fix failed, basically the color piece "overlaying" the backing so get you pry tool deep behind is my best advice, if you do pry off the color trim, its not a total loss, you can line them back up and glue them, i didn't have good adhesive so at the time so i need to fix up my blunder

ingalsbeans

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll try and get some pictures as i have to fix mine again as the "quick" fix failed, basically the color piece "overlaying" the backing so get you pry tool deep behind is my best advice, if you do pry off the color trim, its not a total loss, you can line them back up and glue them, i didn't have good adhesive so at the time so i need to fix up my blunder
that would be great! appreciate it. I would love to see where the fasteners are located and where to apply the force. gonna warm up here the next few days so i might try it again

ingalsbeans

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good lord. Did the install tonight, tried to swap both backup lights and the pure red brake lights as well. A complete nightmare to pull apart and put back together. Swapped them all, tested, looked great, put back together, found out that the brake lights require forscan to work properly (parking lights don’t work, and dimmer brake lights while not pressed on the brakes don’t work). Had to swap the halogens back into the brakes, kept the backups. Need something to drink after that, good NIGHT haha

bcl0404

Black Diamond
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good lord. Did the install tonight, tried to swap both backup lights and the pure red brake lights as well. A complete nightmare to pull apart and put back together. Swapped them all, tested, looked great, put back together, found out that the brake lights require forscan to work properly (parking lights don’t work, and dimmer brake lights while not pressed on the brakes don’t work). Had to swap the halogens back into the brakes, kept the backups. Need something to drink after that, good NIGHT haha
Any update on this? Were you ever able to get the brake/red running lights working correctly?

Sponsored

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any update on this? Were you ever able to get the brake/red running lights working correctly?
I was able to do both the reverse lights + break lights. No issues, have had installed for ~2months now. Pics attached. Here is what I used:
Red reverse light LEDs- LASFIT
White brake light LEDs- ORACLE

Ford Bronco Standard Tail Light - LED bulb upgrade (6000k) for REVERSE - ONLY $25 day

Ford Bronco Standard Tail Light - LED bulb upgrade (6000k) for REVERSE - ONLY $25 night

bcl0404

Black Diamond
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the update! Looks great. I’ve done this swap also (I don’t remember what LED bulbs I put in), but now that it’s getting dark early, I’m noticing that my rear red running lights aren’t on/“glowing”.

The red LED bulbs illuminate properly when the brake pedal is depressed and blink properly when the blinkers/hazards are on (both right and left), but there is no red “glow” from the parking/running lights when the headlights are activated.

What did you need to change in Forscan to get the rear red LED bulbs to glow correctly for the running/parking lights?

All I’ve changed in Forscan already was deleting the hyper flash from swapping the halogen bulb to LED bulb.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco already had LED tailights, but I've done this to every vehicle I buy that does not already have LED back up bulbs. This is the same part number bulb I just put in my Explorer on Saturday. They make a huge difference. I also replaced my license bulbs with LED's.
Sponsored