BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally.. I think the factory reverse lights suck. I've had vehicles with limo tint that were less focus-intensive to back up at night.

Would switching to an led for the reverse lights make a meaningful difference? Meaningful perhaps isn't too meaningful I guess.. I feel like I need a 4-500% increase in light output to feel better...

If just swapping bulbs won't blow my brains out with the difference (it probably wont) I'll just install a reasonably sized flush mount led pod in the bumper..

Anyone with experience?
Sponsored

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m currently in the process of redesigning the light output and design of the base taillights. Still thinking through how to eliminate the red tinted clear cover and then switch to red led’s for the brake and potentially use a 2 to 3 wire adapter to have a dedicated turn signal instead of the combo turn/brake light. Really wish I knew someone in the lighting industry (@ORACLE Lighting , @Quake LED , any other LED Manufacturer that isn’t coming to mind rgiht now) that would go in depth on the ins and outs of wiring and the way tail lights (and head lights too function?

pics are of the led pod light (broken down to just the PCB and wires coming out the back) in the housing where the reverse bulb was, it turned on with the reflector that comes with the pod light that sit on the PCB, and finally as it would be assembled with the cover back on. (Thinking about putting a diffused cover over it to knock down the brightness but it’ll still be more white than yellow)

IMG_4658.jpeg

IMG_4659.jpeg

IMG_4661.jpeg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Personally.. I think the factory reverse lights suck. I've had vehicles with limo tint that were less focus-intensive to back up at night.

Would switching to an led for the reverse lights make a meaningful difference? Meaningful perhaps isn't too meaningful I guess.. I feel like I need a 4-500% increase in light output to feel better...

If just swapping bulbs won't blow my brains out with the difference (it probably wont) I'll just install a reasonably sized flush mount led pod in the bumper..

Anyone with experience?
I added the Oracle LED reverse bulbs to mine.

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...ormance?_pos=1&_psq=reverse+bulb&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Light is definitely better for the price but really depends how much light you need. There's an install video too if you want to look it over, quite a bit needs to be removed to change the bulbs but it's doable.

Quake LED

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Bojangles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m currently in the process of redesigning the light output and design of the base taillights. Still thinking through how to eliminate the red tinted clear cover and then switch to red led’s for the brake and potentially use a 2 to 3 wire adapter to have a dedicated turn signal instead of the combo turn/brake light. Really wish I knew someone in the lighting industry (@ORACLE Lighting , @Quake LED , any other LED Manufacturer that isn’t coming to mind rgiht now) that would go in depth on the ins and outs of wiring and the way tail lights (and head lights too function?

pics are of the led pod light (broken down to just the PCB and wires coming out the back) in the housing where the reverse bulb was, it turned on with the reflector that comes with the pod light that sit on the PCB, and finally as it would be assembled with the cover back on. (Thinking about putting a diffused cover over it to knock down the brightness but it’ll still be more white than yellow)

Ford Bronco Base tail-lights, led reverse bulbs. IMG_4661

Hey!

Looks like quite the project!

There is a lot to unpack in terms of the way that the factory taillight communicates with the computer, and it changes depending on if your Bronco is equipped with the halogen style bulbs, or the signature LED taillights. The programing can be changed with forscan as well, so there are ways to make your bronco think you have the signature taillights that do have the designated turn signal circuit for the amber blinker.

If you have any specific requests I might be able to help you out so feel free to shoot us a DM, but in your case scenario one easy way to hack the system would be to tap the front blinker light in the headlight and run the wires to the rear on each side for the turn signal. You could then tap the third brake light over the spare to get the designated brake circuit (i.e. wouldn't flash with the blinker like the current circuitry currently designed to do).

For people less skillful than yourself that want a plug and play solution, our Metal Tech Series taillights have a much brighter reverse light output and have a unique design that functions similarly to the sequential taillights offered on the mustang (three bars/ with optional sequential functionality).

QMT1192- Ford Bronco Sequential LED Tail Light (quakeled.com)

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the oracle flush mounts. The reverse lights are blinding. And they look a lot better IMO.
Sponsored