Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Of note, the Halogen, with no BLIS is a distinctly different part number. However, all of these connect to the main body harness M2DZ14A005### (of which there appears to be 45 different version dictated by date, 2 or 4 door, transmission, and sway bar disconnect)

M2DZ13A409H 3/22-11/22 LED
M2DZ13A409G 12/21-11/22 LED + BLIS
M2DZ13A409F 12/21-11/22 Halogen + BLIS
M2DZ13K371E 1/22-6/22 Halogen + BLIS
M2DZ13K371F 1/22-11/22 LED
M2DZ13K371C 05/21-1/22 LED
P2DZ13K371B 05/21-11/22 Halogen
Sponsored

BamaBronco98

Base
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@BamaBronco98 When you made your changes in Forscan, were there other options for tail light features?

Let me add some context, I've been considering this upgrade but hopeful someone would be completely successful before I attempted it.

Logic leads me to believe that FORD having 2 entirely separate wire harness for halogen vs. non-halogen would add unreasonable complexity and cost, and I think I'm generally correct. When I was pulling the interior rear plastic body panel off my base 2 door for a different project (halogen, no BLIS) I noticed that their was a connector on the main harness that then goes to the taillight connecter.

I counted 8 wires going into that connector, and only 7 coming out:

GN/BN - reverse
BU/GY - park
WH/GN - stop/turn (driver)
BK/GY- ground
WH/BL - unknown
Yellow(purple?) -unknown

Now of those 8 wires going in
GN/BN
BU/GY
BK/GY

Those 3 and the unknowns appear to be on both sides of the connection (makes sense, both broncos use the same signals here I believe)
In addition there is a BL/GN which aligns with stop on the LED taillight wiring.

If in Forscan there is some option that turns the stop signal off over the same turn signal wire, I would assume, swapping this section of harness would give amber turn signals. It's possible deactivating this signal also switch off the PWM.

Oh and I'm not sure what part number that would be for both side, but it does exist:

I believe M2DZ13A409H is a possible option. I'll not there seems to be parts specific to production date. M2Dz13k371c look like 2021's to early 2022.

Marked at M2DZ13A409 A&B in the image

Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 7.26.26 PM.png
I don't remember any Forscan setting like the one you describe, and I looked around pretty good. But I am no Forscan expert, so it's possible that I'm just missing it.

I waited and waited for someone smarter than me to offer some type of connector that would bridge the divide, but it never happened, and I got tired of waiting and looking at those terrible halogen tail lights. And I didn't care for any of the after market offerings. Even without the amber turn signal, I'm very happy with the upgrade.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I might have a line on a broken taillight that functions. If I can get that I might spend $$ on the harness and getting forescan.

can6fan

Badlands
First Name
Marv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of note, the Halogen, with no BLIS is a distinctly different part number. However, all of these connect to the main body harness M2DZ14A005### (of which there appears to be 45 different version dictated by date, 2 or 4 door, transmission, and sway bar disconnect)

M2DZ13A409H 3/22-11/22 LED
M2DZ13A409G 12/21-11/22 LED + BLIS
M2DZ139A40F 12/21-11/22 Halogen + BLIS
M2DZ13K371E 1/22-6/22 Halogen + BLIS
M2DZ13K371F 1/22-11/22 LED
M2DZ13K371C 05/21-1/22 LED
P2DZ13K371B 05/21-11/22 Halogen
@RobBob22 - Great info! Curious if you have made any progress? I have a set of OEM LED taillights and I am considering putting them in my wife '21 BB currently with halogens. The fact that the main harness has no LED/Halogen lighting variant, I'm pretty confident your assumptions are correct and if I swap M2DZ139A40F for M2DZ139A40G, and find the right field in ForScan, things should be good to go. Either way, I think I am gonna spring for the wiring and see what happens, but thought I'd check to see if you had any updates before I did.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@RobBob22 - Great info! Curious if you have made any progress? I have a set of OEM LED taillights and I am considering putting them in my wife '21 BB currently with halogens. The fact that the main harness has no LED/Halogen lighting variant, I'm pretty confident your assumptions are correct and if I swap M2DZ139A40F for M2DZ139A40G, and find the right field in ForScan, things should be good to go. Either way, I think I am gonna spring for the wiring and see what happens, but thought I'd check to see if you had any updates before I did.
I purchased 409H harness, unfortunately you don’t get both sides so I’m assuming you would also need to buy 371C? I did some playing around, but I have the passenger side hardness and a driver side LED taillight and when swapped the amber blinker is now the brake etc. I have a friend with 4 scan but have not gotten to play yet, I’m not sure in 4 scan it will be as easy as I think but I’m pretty sure it is something that can be done. Not sure when I’ll have more time to experiment but I probably will at some point

Sponsored

can6fan

Badlands
First Name
Marv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased 409H harness, unfortunately you don’t get both sides so I’m assuming you would also need to buy 371C? I did some playing around, but I have the passenger side hardness and a driver side LED taillight and when swapped the amber blinker is now the brake etc. I have a friend with 4 scan but have not gotten to play yet, I’m not sure in 4 scan it will be as easy as I think but I’m pretty sure it is something that can be done. Not sure when I’ll have more time to experiment but I probably will at some point
Thanks again! I'll update any progress on my end as well.

can6fan

Badlands
First Name
Marv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 Big Bend with Halogen Tail lights + BLIS. Upgrading to OEM LED taillights.

Completed
:
Swapped out Original tail light harnesses for M2DZ-13A409-G and M2DZ-13K371-G. Made the following Forscan changes in BdyCM:

ParameterFromTo
Left Rear Stop & Position Lamp UsageNot UsedStop Only
Left Rear Turn Lamp UsageStop and TurnTurn Only
Rear Stop Bulb OutageEnabledDisabled
Rear Bulb Turn OutageEnabledDisabled
Right Rear Stop & Position Lamp UsageNot UsedStop Only
Right Rear Turn Lamp UsageStop and TurnTurn Only
Rear LED Turn OutageDisabledEnabled
Rear LED Turn Outage Circuit UsedTurn LampTurn Lamp

Current behavior:
BLIS functionality 100%
Brake Lights 100%
Tail lights pulsing when engine running but function fine in ACC position.
Signal lights work intermittently but throw B1247 & B1248 codes indicating a short to ground. I did notice that if I hold Brake and use signal light, it will operate longer but will eventually fail.

Anyone out there have any ideas or even a solution? I'm pretty certain it's close and likely a buried ForScan setting or two to get it across the finish line.

GusVG

Big Bend
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you. I figured it wouldn't be all that easy. If i recall correctly, I'd need to add some parts (resisitors? transistors? something -istors?), so I think I'll stay the course with what I have. I added LED's to an old F150 of mine and it caused me nothing but problems. Thank you for the input.
I replaced my halogen to OEM Led's and they work fine. I dont get the amber turn signals but they do work as flashing red.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I replaced my halogen to OEM Led's and they work fine. I dont get the amber turn signals but they do work as flashing red.
Did you make any Forscan changes?

GusVG

Big Bend
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you make any Forscan changes?
yes, I did. I disabled left and Rear Turn lamp outage, individually in the BCM modules. the only thing this did was stop the fast clickering of the turn signals. my turn signals are flashing red, not Amber

mooNy

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a set of OEM takeoff LED tail lights on the way for my Black Diamond, going to attempt @GusVG method. I am fine without the amber turn signals, just want the LED look and running lights. I have never used Forscan but figured I'd get a set of lights then figure it out after.

As I understand, the lights should work normally other than the slight pulsating when you look closely and the no amber turn signals (flashes brake light red instead- which I'm fine with), so long as you disable the "rear turn outage" on left and right side in Forscan to stop the fast turn signal indicator, correct me if I'm wrong?
Sponsored