Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure this happens to many of us here. We are looking for something specific for our Bronco and we come across other "good" options but not quite what we are looking for. I'm still doing that search but I figured I start a thread with what I have found so far in case that is valuable for someone else in this forum. While I absolutely love my BD for many reasons, I think the OEM LED Taillights is the missing piece. I see many Broncos out there and, especially driving at night, I'm reminded that my car is missing something.

What I'm looking for
If Ford's OEM LED Taillights would have been compatible, I would have bought them a long time ago. I'm looking to replace my halogens for:
1) OEM LED taillights that look just like factory but from a high quality/known brand or
2) non-OEM LED taillights that would look like a decent replacement, also from a high quality/known brand.

What I found so far (edited 3/14/24/)
I'm only listing the LED replacement options that are compatible with halogens. Splitting into all styles (no specific order):

OEM-style
  1. Lumen8 Smoked LED Taillights from Buckle Up Off Road (probably China), $500
  2. Mabett LED Smoked Taillights from Mabett/Amazon (probably China), $350
  3. VLAND LED Taillights from VLAND (probably China), $300

Raptor-style
  1. Mabett Raptor Style LED Taillights from Mabett/Amazon (probably China), $330
  2. Raptor Full LED Taillights from Led Factory Mart (probably China). $430

Non-OEM style
  1. Flush Red or Tinted LED Taillights by Oracle (USA), $470
  2. LED Taillights with Black Housings from CJ Pony Parts (China? USA?), $560
  3. High-Powered OLED Bar Style Clear or Smoked Taillightsfrom Recon (China? USA?), $800
  4. LED Sequential Taillightsby Quake LED (China? USA?), $440

I'm committed to keep this list updated if any of you have any other suggestions or if some of the info is wrong. Price is for reference, I'm not updating price but happy to link other sites that also sells them. I'm sure this will help the next person looking for this. Also, if you have any reviews about any of these products, let's hear them too.

Ford Bronco From Halogen to LED - All taillights replacement options IMG_1930
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got Oracles beca they are less likely to be hit/broken off road plus they they look better to me…they are also much brighter than the stock halogens…so far so good…

Ford Bronco From Halogen to LED - All taillights replacement options IMG_3056

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just picked up the Oracle flush mounts to replace the halogens for under $390 from Bezos’ company. I’ll put them in this weekend after the rain dries up.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://www.archaic-direct.com/prod...-for-ford-bronco-2021-2022-2-4-door-plug-play

I bought Archaic when they first came out. Not many options in 2022. Thought they were great until a month ago. Started draining my battery and the night tail light went out. Brake and reverse worked but was all black driving at night. Reached out to them a couple of weeks go and nothing. Put my OEM lights back on.

So I highly recommend you stick to your point about high quality brand. I have Oracle head lights and they are still rocking strong.

OP
OP
fp11

fp11

Black Diamond
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://www.archaic-direct.com/prod...-for-ford-bronco-2021-2022-2-4-door-plug-play

I bought Archaic when they first came out. Not many options in 2022. Thought they were great until a month ago. Started draining my battery and the night tail light went out. Brake and reverse worked but was all black driving at night. Reached out to them a couple of weeks go and nothing. Put my OEM lights back on.

So I highly recommend you stick to your point about high quality brand. I have Oracle head lights and they are still rocking strong.
Thanks for the info. Saw those a while ago but the link didn’t work. Hopefully we’ll find a better option soon.

Sponsored

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure this happens to many of us here. We are looking for something specific for our Bronco and we come across other "good" options but not quite what we are looking for. I'm still doing that search but I figured I start a thread with what I have found so far in case that is valuable for someone else in this forum. While I absolutely love my BD for many reasons, I think the OEM LED Taillights is the missing piece. I see many Broncos out there and, especially driving at night, I'm reminded that my car is missing something.

What I'm looking for
If Ford's OEM LED Taillights would have been compatible, I would have bought them a long time ago. I'm looking to replace my halogens for:
1) OEM LED taillights that look just like factory but from a high quality/known brand or
2) non-OEM LED taillights that would look like a decent replacement, also from a high quality/known brand.

What I found so far (edited 3/9/24/)
I'm only listing the LED replacement options that are compatible with halogens. Splitting into all styles (no specific order):

OEM-style
  1. Lumen8 Red Led Taillights from Buckle Up Off Road (probably China), $500
  2. Mabett LED Smoked Taillights from Mabett/Amazon (probably China), $350
  3. VLAND LED Taillights from VLAND (probably China), $300

Raptor-style
  1. Mabett Raptor Style LED Taillights from Mabett/Amazon (probably China), $330
  2. Raptor Full LED Taillights from Led Factory Mart (probably China). $430

Non-OEM style
  1. Flush Red or Tinted LED Taillights by Oracle (USA), $470
  2. LED Taillights with Black Housings from CJ Pony Parts (China? USA?), $560
  3. High-Powered OLED Bar Style Clear or Smoked Taillightsfrom Recon (China? USA?), $800
  4. LED Sequential Taillightsby Quake LED (China? USA?), $440

I'm committed to keep this list updated if any of you have any other suggestions or if some of the info is wrong. Price is for reference, I'm not updating price but happy to link other sites that also sells them. I'm sure this will help the next person looking for this. Also, if you have any reviews about any of these products, let's hear them too.

Ford Bronco From Halogen to LED - All taillights replacement options IMG_3056
I went with the Oracle Flush Mounted Tail lights and connected the reverse light to one of my Aux switches using the Stickerfab Reverse Harness. Very happy with the results.

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco From Halogen to LED - All taillights replacement options IMG_3141
Got them in. I like them, but they’re not as snug as the OEM. I have a slight gap in the top sections closest to the sides of the vehicle, where the OEMs fit with minimal spacing. This might be an area that leads to water intrusion later with all of those modules underneath. They are definitely brighter and more noticeable. I’ll tinker with them to see if I can get them to close that gap.

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the style of the OEM Halogens and decided to replace the bulbs. They are nice and bright and did not break the bank!

https://www.f150leds.com/collection...ford-bronco-cree-led-tail-blinker-light-bulbs

I do not care for the flush mount look from Oracle, and was looking closely at the Quake lights, but they look kind of orange and cheap when lit up in the pics. Not sure you will find any lights that are not made in China.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mabett is for sure a Chinese brand, you can take out the maybe haha

OP
OP
fp11

fp11

Black Diamond
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMG_3141.jpeg
Got them in. I like them, but they’re not as snug as the OEM. I have a slight gap in the top sections closest to the sides of the vehicle, where the OEMs fit with minimal spacing. This might be an area that leads to water intrusion later with all of those modules underneath. They are definitely brighter and more noticeable. I’ll tinker with them to see if I can get them to close that gap.
Looks great but I’m not ready for the flush look. I notice a nice Black Diamond sticker on your tailgate. Link?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
fp11

fp11

Black Diamond
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the style of the OEM Halogens and decided to replace the bulbs. They are nice and bright and did not break the bank!

https://www.f150leds.com/collection...ford-bronco-cree-led-tail-blinker-light-bulbs

I do not care for the flush mount look from Oracle, and was looking closely at the Quake lights, but they look kind of orange and cheap when lit up in the pics. Not sure you will find any lights that are not made in China.
Yeah, my thread is looking like a Chinese propaganda. Maybe a decent US brand sees the gap and decides to do something about it. Those bulbs might be a good alternative for me until a better product is out.

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did the reverse rear bulb replacement thing in my Explorer and it worked wonders. But there was no aftermarket tail lights for that, and their ST tail lights already looked good. I just wanted something way brighter.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Currently running the Mabett Raptor style ones:

But have also had the Mabett Smoked LED ones as well. Here in show that they also have a red version as well. They look really nice too:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited: