Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Few threads out here about this. I haven't looked into it in months but I recall the general consensus was not easily. Fronts are a simple swap since they're both LED. Rears were harder last time I checked because base ones are incandescent and the signatures are LED.

OP
OP
Blackcat

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Few threads out here about this. I haven't looked into it in months but I recall the general consensus was not easily. Fronts are a simple swap since they're both LED. Rears were harder last time I checked because base ones are incandescent and the signatures are LED.
Thank you. I figured it wouldn't be all that easy. If i recall correctly, I'd need to add some parts (resisitors? transistors? something -istors?), so I think I'll stay the course with what I have. I added LED's to an old F150 of mine and it caused me nothing but problems. Thank you for the input.

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not doable because of the Signature Lamps having a separate amber LED for turn signal. This is powered by a separate wire in the plug that yours won't have.

Might be able to do some fiddling in FORscan to make the Red Brake / Running Lamp function as a signal also, but haven't tried it to know for certain.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious as to why anyone would want to? The LEDs look worse than the standard lights, and changing out bulbs every ten years doesn't amount to any savings. You break a light on the trail or parking lot, the standard taillights will probably cost you a fraction of the price of LEDS on Ebay.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not an OEM solution, but the Oracle flush lights are LED and are (supposedly) plug and play over the base tail lights.
Indeed they are!

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Indeed they are!
Any plans on making LED tail lights that are not flush with the body? For the many of us without LED tail lights who want an upgrade without changing the look dramatically, it would be nice.

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any plans on making LED tail lights that are not flush with the body? For the many of us without LED tail lights who want an upgrade without changing the look dramatically, it would be nice.
No plans for that at this time!

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Curious as to why anyone would want to? The LEDs look worse than the standard lights, and changing out bulbs every ten years doesn't amount to any savings. You break a light on the trail or parking lot, the standard taillights will probably cost you a fraction of the price of LEDS on Ebay.
Saya person without a first edition
I call bull shit. I back down drive way and hit trash can and it cracked read passenger taik light. OEM REPLACEMENT FOR 1 real light is $1150. Two oracle led lights are $400. Regardless of price, Led looks better all day long

Sponsored

Aloha Sunrise

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road,1971 VW shorty bus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the Oracle flush LED taillights. Plug and play, look good and have great back up lights.

Last edited:

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Disagree. The LED lights look so much better.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
They're to Euro looking, like the kids were putting on their ricer racers with their fart cans, they don't belong on a retro vehicle, it's just odd looking....... but then some paste their whole Bronco's with LEDs and you can't hardly find an aftermarket bumper without a light bar cut-out, so perhaps I'm in the minority in this view.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious as to why anyone would want to? The LEDs look worse than the standard lights, and changing out bulbs every ten years doesn't amount to any savings.

When I'm in my Bronco, I can't see mine either way. I guess as long as the people behind me get the point, that's all I'm concerned with. They look different, but I can't say I like one over the other as long as either is working.
Sponsored