First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve had the smoked Lumen8’s from buckle up buttercup for a few months. Easy install and no FORscan flash needed. They look good and so far so good. For performance.
Ford Bronco From Halogen to LED - All taillights replacement options IMG_4156

You can either do the normal pulse startup or the chase option (the one I chose) by simply flipping a dip switch.
Sponsored

GusVG

Big Bend
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got an answer from Tom but not what I expected. Looks like he doesn’t feel comfortable sharing the forscan changes he did.

Waiting to hear if at least he was able to make the amber turn signal work.

Unless @EvanPeterson can convince him of sharing what he did, looks like I will have to go with your set up. Any chance you can share a screenshot of what your BCM settings look like now? There a several LED lights settings (image below is from the Oracle install video)

yep, that's where I made the mods for both left and right

mooNy

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yep, that's where I made the mods for both left and right
Is there a separate "Rear LED Turn Outage" option for left and right?
I just see the one on the list there. I haven't gone into Forscan myself yet so just trying to be as prepared as possible. The OEM LEDs I ordered are still in transit.

GusVG

Big Bend
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve had the smoked Lumen8’s from buckle up buttercup for a few months. Easy install and no FORscan flash needed. They look good and so far so good. For performance.
IMG_4156.jpeg

You can either do the normal pulse startup or the chase option (the one I chose) by simply flipping a dip switch.
$500 is quite high for imported knock offs, (my personal opinion) I tried 2 different types, including Mabett and wasn't pleased with them. its that extra wire with the resistor that makes the amber light work
Is there a separate "Rear LED Turn Outage" option for left and right?
I just see the one on the list there. I haven't gone into Forscan myself yet so just trying to be as prepared as possible. The OEM LEDs I ordered are still in transit.
that's the only one I used - didn't look for another one

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$500 is quite high for imported knock offs, (my personal opinion) I tried 2 different types, including Mabett and wasn't pleased with them. its that extra wire with the resistor that makes the amber light work

that's the only one I used - didn't look for another one
Cost/value is a relative thing. They were $478 total. They look great, work great (so far) super easy installation, and I didn’t have to mess with FORscan., which seems to be causing several people fits.

Sponsored

GusVG

Big Bend
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cost/value is a relative thing. They were $478 total. They look great, work great (so far) super easy installation, and I didn’t have to mess with FORscan., which seems to be causing several people fits.
treu,

they do look great, I had the smoked version on my Charcoal grey and loved the look of it, no Forscan but the right side wasn't working well. I deceided to go OEM instead

mooNy

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok guys I finally took the plunge and installed the OEM takeoff LEDs on my black diamond. I’m happy to report that they appear to work perfectly so far! They’ve only been on for 20 min so will have to test more when it gets dark. I made only ONE forscan change as suggested by GusVG (it was my first time downloading it and using it today).
“Rear bulb turn outage” set from enabled to disabled.
thank you to those in this thread who helped me with this.
Will report back if there are any issues at night time. I did not notice any flicker in real life (but it’s daytime). You can see the flicker on video but I think that’s normal for LEDs.
Ford Bronco From Halogen to LED - All taillights replacement options IMG_3288

GusVG

Big Bend
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok guys I finally took the plunge and installed the OEM takeoff LEDs on my black diamond. I’m happy to report that they appear to work perfectly so far! They’ve only been on for 20 min so will have to test more when it gets dark. I made only ONE forscan change as suggested by GusVG (it was my first time downloading it and using it today).
Will report back if there are any issues at night time. I did not notice any flicker in real life (but it’s daytime). You can see the flicker on video but I think that’s normal for LEDs.
AWESOME!

OP
OP
fp11

fp11

Black Diamond
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats @mooNy ! Another black diamond has been saved. Next one is mine.

How did they look at night? Any flickering?

Also, when you say that they “work perfectly”, does that mean that the amber turn signal works? Or does the taillight flashes red?

mooNy

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congrats @mooNy ! Another black diamond has been saved. Next one is mine.

How did they look at night? Any flickering?

Also, when you say that they “work perfectly”, does that mean that the amber turn signal works? Or does the taillight flashes red?
Sorry should have clarified- the amber does not illuminate, just flashes red, but I was expecting that already as others have mentioned there is some extra connection that the LED models have wired in. Maybe someone savvy with electrical work could get them to work by splicing some wires?

At night they look very good and very bright. I would not call it a flicker but they do "pulse" lightly with the running LED lights at night. I could not tell during the day. It almost looks like a breathing motion type pulse, it does not show up on video at all.

All in all I am very satisfied as they still look way better than the halogens, and the halogens have no amber turn signal anyway. Reverse light is much better as well.
Sponsored