Sponsored

OEM LED Taillights retrofit on a regular halogens?

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all,

Could not find anything about this.
I like the look of the LED tail lights, but I like the retro look of the yellow front parking lights, so I opted out of the factory LED. And also, Ford build electronics... I was kinda skeptical.
Has anyone tried to simply install LED on a non-LED Bronco taillights. Is it plug in play? is it even possible?
Can anyone with LED taillights may be post a picture of connector and light assy? That way I can at least figure out connections and go from there about needing a reprogram or something.

Thank you all!
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all,

I like the look of the LED tail lights, but I like the retro look of the yellow front parking lights, so I opted out of the factory LED. And also, Ford build electronics... I was kinda skeptical.
Has anyone tried to simply install LED on a non-LED Bronco taillights. Is it plug in play? is it even possible?
Can anyone with LED taillights may be post a picture of connector and light assy? That way I can at least figure out connections and go from there about needing a reprogram or something.

Thank you all!
I think LEDs use a different resistor. Might want to check for adapters.

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all,

Thank you all!
They plug right in but you have to make a few changes in FORscan. Our Flush Tails available for pre-order now give a similar look with a brighter reverse light, will be plug & play with your halogen set up, Flush to the body design eliminating the potential of damage, AND the set costs 1/2 of what it costs to buy 1 side LED Signature Tail Lamp from Ford.

https://www.oraclelights.com/collections/ford-bronco-products/products/bronco-flush-tail-lights

ORACLEJP10 at checkout for 10% off!

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. The truck is absolutely laden with "Ford build electronics", and the thing you're worried about was the LED tail lights?

Sponsored
OP
OP

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL. The truck is absolutely laden with "Ford build electronics", and the thing you're worried about was the LED tail lights?
Exactly I don't need one more.

OP
OP

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They plug right in but you have to make a few changes in FORscan. Our Flush Tails available for pre-order now give a similar look with a brighter reverse light, will be plug & play with your halogen set up, Flush to the body design eliminating the potential of damage, AND the set costs 1/2 of what it costs to buy 1 side LED Signature Tail Lamp from Ford.

https://www.oraclelights.com/collections/ford-bronco-products/products/bronco-flush-tail-lights

ORACLEJP10 at checkout for 10% off!
I already looked up your option, but I understand you have some supply issues and If I have to be completely honest, I don't really like your design. That's just me. Depending on cost and complexity I might end up with yours but at this point I wanted to find out how hard will it be retrofitting the OEM LED taillights.

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I already looked up your option, but I understand you have some supply issues and If I have to be completely honest, I don't really like your design. That's just me. Depending on cost and complexity I might end up with yours but at this point I wanted to find out how hard will it be retrofitting the OEM LED taillights.
Respect! (y)
Sponsored