First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just picked up full wrap and "WOW" despite the metal flake in original paint the "Matte" wrap brings the true "Green" to the table!

Healing PPF....

COST Total with custom wrap above windshield and front bumper matching color.

$3800.00

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0020.jpeg

[/QUOT
Just picked up full wrap and "WOW" despite the metal flake in original paint the "Matte" wrap brings the true "Green" to the table!

Healing PPF....

$3800.00

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0020.jpeg
that looks great! I’ve been waiting on my eruption green four-door for quite some time with this same thought in mind.
Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But I guess some of us don't see the value in it if it's that expensive on an every day car. I guess it's because I don't mind washing and detailing my car. A few rock chips on the front aren't going to knock off thousands of dollars when I go to trade it in. I'm just talking about the clear version, not the matte version OP got as that changes the whole look of the vehicle
Shops charge thousands just to put in lights, and that takes a day or two.
A whole car PPF takes days, up to a week depending on the vehicle.
As far as the pay off, one can argue that it costs less to repaint the entire Bronco, but PPF was initially for higher end cars where paint jobs costed 10k and over.
Now it's pretty commonplace, and people charge what they want.
I got mine done for under 5k, but through a friend. Mutual benefit.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you would be willing to waist $3k to try it yourself with no warranty? Why would you not pay a professional that has spent years (in most cases) learning their trade. Plus you get the warranty. It’s no different than not paying a mechanic to work on your car $100+ per hour labor. (I get some people can do it but that’s not the norm) let’s say you rebuild your motor and it blows up as soon as you start it for the first time. Wasted money, if a mechanic did it he’s responsible. It’s not just cost of material, it’s rent, electric, water, gas, payroll, insurance and the cost of training that get these prices. It will be different everywhere you go.
I am sure that I could do this myself. I've done a ton of things on my own, just researching and learning as I go.
I've designed and built extensions on my house. Rebuilt two vintage Corvettes. Worked on countless cars (maintenance and upgrades). For me, this would be just something else for me to learn and do myself.
I understand that some won't want to try this (most in fact), but I'm not scared. A $3-4K savings would be worth it for me. If it takes me three or four days it's definitely worth it. What makes me want to try this is the Bronco is a fairly flat vehicle without many tight curves, plus, the doors and fenders come off if I want to take it that far.
Yes, I do understand the cost of doing business and overhead costs are included. Each business model is different and the cost of just having the doors open varies greatly (a good friend of mine owns a BMW/Porsche/Lamborghini repair shop).

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am sure that I could do this myself. I've done a ton of things on my own, just researching and learning as I go.
I've designed and built extensions on my house. Rebuilt two vintage Corvettes. Worked on countless cars (maintenance and upgrades). For me, this would be just something else for me to learn and do myself.
I understand that some won't want to try this (most in fact), but I'm not scared. A $3-4K savings would be worth it for me. If it takes me three or four days it's definitely worth it. What makes me want to try this is the Bronco is a fairly flat vehicle without many tight curves, plus, the doors and fenders come off if I want to take it that far.
Yes, I do understand the cost of doing business and overhead costs are included. Each business model is different and the cost of just having the doors open varies greatly (a good friend of mine owns a BMW/Porsche/Lamborghini repair shop).
You definitely are not the norm. But I will say that this is a totally different animal than what you have done. If you mess a piece up you can’t just take it off and try again. But that being said I will cut the patterns and sell them to you for 10% less than on Xpel site.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You definitely are not the norm. But I will say that this is a totally different animal than what you have done. If you mess a piece up you can’t just take it off and try again. But that being said I will cut the patterns and sell them to you for 10% less than on Xpel site.
If you were in my area, I would have you do my Bronco.
Like I said, my cutoff would be the $6K they're going to charge in my area. If I could find someone for around $4500 I'd have them do it.

LOL! No, I'm not the norm for sure. I was a mechanical engineer/filtration manager for twenty years. Now, I'm in data analytics for the pharma industry. I've always been hands-on and never shied away from a project. I figured if someone else can do it, I can too. Might take me a bit longer, but I'll get it done.

Sponsored

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you were in my area, I would have you do my Bronco.
Like I said, my cutoff would be the $6K they're going to charge in my area. If I could find someone for around $4500 I'd have them do it.

LOL! No, I'm not the norm for sure. I was a mechanical engineer/filtration manager for twenty years. Now, I'm in data analytics for the pharma industry. I've always been hands-on and never shied away from a project. I figured if someone else can do it, I can too. Might take me a bit longer, but I'll get it done.
We charge $4500 for 4 door and 3800 for 2 door. I feel like 6k is a little high but the demand and company cost may be higher in your area.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We charge $4500 for 4 door and 3800 for 2 door. I feel like 6k is a little high but the demand and company cost may be higher in your area.
What area are you located? For $4500 I'd be there for sure.

Yes, I know my area is on the high side. I may have to drive a couple hours to get a better price.

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What area are you located? For $4500 I'd be there for sure.

Yes, I know my area is on the high side. I may have to drive a couple hours to get a better price.
We are in WINSTON SALEM NC

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dang it. Over a 7 hour drive from me.
Anyone that lives in this area and is interested in a PPF, this is a great deal!
Your a little far even for that savings lol. I’ll see if I can find someone for you. Where do you live?

Sponsored

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Healing PPF....

$3800.00

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0020.jpeg
Looks great. Would definitely consider doing this on everglades if we were doing other things. Might do it at a later date, tho. Very nice.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your a little far even for that savings lol. I’ll see if I can find someone for you. Where do you live?
I'm near Downingtown/Exton area of Pennsylvania. About one hour Northwest of Philadelphia.
I'd be willing to make a bit of a drive.
Much appreciated!

schlava

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm near Downingtown/Exton area of Pennsylvania. About one hour Northwest of Philadelphia.
I'd be willing to make a bit of a drive.
Much appreciated!

I'm down in Delaware I have two quotes for a two door in the 2500 price range. Some of my buddies are into cars and wrapping and recommened the places. One is in Delaware and the one is in Jersey.

I haven't gone to their shops yet to discuss with them. I want to make sure they realize they have to do the exposed frame parts as well and just get a general feeling about them and their shops.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm down in Delaware I have two quotes for a two door in the 2500 price range. Some of my buddies are into cars and wrapping and recommened the places. One is in Delaware and the one is in Jersey.

I haven't gone to their shops yet to discuss with them. I want to make sure they realize they have to do the exposed frame parts as well and just get a general feeling about them and their shops.
Post up their information.
I'll definitely check them out.

A buddy of mine has a new M3 in the Allentown, PA area and he just got quoted $7K for a partial PPF and ceramic.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Any information on either of these two shops?

Anyone else have a place near bye (about 1 hour North of Philly). I'd be willing to make the trek to get this done.
Sponsored