Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After taking my '23 Wildtrak down to KY a few weeks ago for some overlanding and light off-roading on the Kentucky Adventure Tour, I've noticed that my steering is a bit slushy (feels stuck almost) and slow to return to center. I live in an area with a ton of roundabouts and when I start to come out of the left turn with a slight turn back to the right, I have to use slight force to return the steering wheel to center.

I don't have any error codes in the vehicle or Ford Pass. No clicking or other noteworthy noises. I'm going to try airing up from the current 33-34 psi to see if that does anything.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hit an alignment shop and have them throw it on a rack, does it pull or wander at all when trying to drive straight?

Caster and toe can both cause heavy steering and slow/no return to center.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You knocked your Toe-In out of adjustment. This will result in the problem you have. If you have a Firestone locally, they offer lifetime alignments. Be aware some stores don't offer the lifetime so call around.

OP
OP
msujay2012

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks to you both! I will take it to my local Firestone. Appreciate the quick replies. Hate when I knock my toe in.

Big Fish

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a similar experience on a WT I had a few months ago. I got up under the steering rack and noticed one of my tie rod boots had slipped off and water/mud had gotten into the steering rack. I wiped it down the best I could, getting all the rust and light mud off that was visible. I then sprayed white lithium grease on it and reattached the tie rod boot to the steering rack. After a few miles of turns it no longer stuck and centered just fine.

OP
OP
msujay2012

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a similar experience on a WT I had a few months ago. I got up under the steering rack and noticed one of my tie rod boots had slipped off and water/mud had gotten into the steering rack. I wiped it down the best I could, getting all the rust and light mud off that was visible. I then sprayed white lithium grease on it and reattached the tie rod boot to the steering rack. After a few miles of turns it no longer stuck and centered just fine.
I will check it out this weekend. Appreciate the intel.
Sponsored