Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello forum.

3,000 miles on a 2022 Black Diamond. No mods. First hit 75mph on the highway and felt an unmistakable vibration in the steering wheel. Nothing in the seat.

Took it to the dealership last week, they said they could not find any issues. Said that they checked all specs and took it out for a ride. They told me that any vibrations were to be expected.

After living in NYC for 31 years (and not needing a car) this is my first new car. After basically being told, "there's nothing we can do about it" I didn't have enough ammo other than to tell them that I found that really hard to believe.

What's my recourse after the dealer throws their hands up for something that seems way to basic to be an issue for a brand new car without any mods? It's not like I'll be doing 80mph on the regular, if at all. At lower speeds, there are no issues (knock wood). But it's a really tough pill to swallow to imagine that @Ford makes a car that speed wobbles out of the gate.

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

agree above. first rotate your tires front back side to side since that's free to do at home. if no change, get them balanced.

they may be clean but also make sure there's nothing caked in the pockets on the inner side of the wheel spokes. One of the Ford driving instructor reps from Roadeo told me they had issues with wheel wobble taking Broncos from site to site from mud caked on the inside of the wheel spokes. There's a concave pocket that holds mud that you can't see or access when washing the vehicle normally or in most car washes.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine OBX is smooth as glass up to 90 so far, they need to balance the tires or check for a tire defect.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's not normal at all. Go to a different dealer or contact Ford directly and let them know your dealer is not addressing the issue.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made a thread about this too, I’m modified so not even gonna try the dealer. Consensus on my thread was to get a road force balance, which I have on Monday. Hopefully the tires don’t wear too bad before then

OP
OP

CplusB

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you all for the advice. I appreciate you taking the time!
Sponsored