4x4 Wobble

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know common for the most part in 4x4 vehicles your gonna have some level of traction problems at some point, has anyone experienced that “wobble” when going over road bumps or changes in road surface. Noticed the bronco likes to hug whatever it comes across which at times sends the car in a weird pitch left or right. Only thing I could compare it too “dramatically” is jeeps version of a death wobble but not as prominent
Checkout the thread by Stratus, on his loose frame/body bolts, maybe your source fir this wobble?
Sponsored

Aguelian

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What you are describing sounds similar to bump steer or tram lining. Bump steer mostly is caused by alignment issues after lowering or raising suspension. When a lowered or lifted vehicle hits a bump, steering Input can be induced if tie rod geometry is not corrected for the suspension change. Tram lining is caused by tire tread design gripping road surfaces, usually from grooved pavement.

Is your bronco lifted? What tires are you running?
Hey, I’m experiencing the same issue as the OP. I have an outerbanks, non-Sasquatch with 35” Toyo open country MT tires. At first I thought it was because of the mud tires, but now I think it’s because I had the Rough Country 2” spacer lift installed. What are my options to reduce the bump steer? Is there anything that can be done besides removing the spacer and swapping out the suspension? Could I keep the spacer and just replace upper control arms? Would that help at all? Sorry this is all new to me

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know common for the most part in 4x4 vehicles your gonna have some level of traction problems at some point, has anyone experienced that “wobble” when going over road bumps or changes in road surface. Noticed the bronco likes to hug whatever it comes across which at times sends the car in a weird pitch left or right. Only thing I could compare it too “dramatically” is jeeps version of a death wobble but not as prominent
Your signature indicates you also own a Dodge Challenger? Have you owned a vehicle like the Bronco before? It's a compromise for pavement use.

There still also could be an issue, but in the end it's a ladder frame high clearance 4x4, with attributes you would not typically design for optimal pavement use.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
custom 35s have nothing to do with it because it came with 35s. And broncos do not tram line

I figured as much ,but the actual drag from the rear tires on normal road surfaces is intense. Car literally will pull right or left similar to hydroplaning on dry surface.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s what I thought it was, tires were swapped out for the Sasquatch package after the build with custom 35s. Dealer thinks its the advanced steering control but no dice. Still tinkering with it trying to figure it out
I'm running 37" on the factory wheels on my Wildtrak, everything is a smooth ride. Wheel width or something up with ur alignment/suspension. Goodluck...

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you running factory wheels? If not what is the offset of your wheels?
Sponsored