Sponsored

Help with driver side slap, catch and wobble window issue.

3del

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The dealer has had my 2023 2 door Big Bend Bronco twice to fix the window slap, catch and wobble when I open the driver side door and nothing has changed. First they said they reset the module. Then the nest time they had it they contacted Ford engineer about the problem. The dealership said they where going to go into some program and fix it. Nope, it still catches on the weatherstrip above the glass while trying to open. The passenger side window is perfect. This is getting very frustrating. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Slow down. Cock handle then pull door. Don't pull door until AFTER the window drops.

you need to adapt to how door opens, door doesn't adapt to you.

The window reset you could have done yourself.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So its not sliding down before you open the door? Yeah we had a few of those issues here at our dealership and it was fixed with a reprogram to the door modules. There is an SSM regarding the issue.

SSM 51895 2023 Bronco – Window Short Drop Function Enhancement – Built On Or After 12-Jul-2023
Some 2023 Bronco vehicles built on or after 12-Jul-2023 have new software for the driver door module (DDM) and passenger door module (PDM). This software contains enhancements to the operation of the window short drop feature. Vehicles with this new software will exhibit a short drop event to all door windows anytime the vehicle is unlocked using the remote keyless entry (RKE), accessory keyless entry keypad, or the interior door unlock switch. For vehicles equipped with passive entry, a short drop event will not activate when a door is unlocked by placing a hand on an exterior door handle. The Owner's Manual and Workshop Manual are in process of being updated. This enhancement is currently being investigated for application into vehicles built prior to this running production change. Monitor OASIS for updates.
If they did the reprogram it will not drop the window when you put your hand on the door handle. It has to be unlocked with the keyfob first.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The dealer has had my 2023 2 door Big Bend Bronco twice to fix the window slap, catch and wobble when I open the driver side door and nothing has changed. First they said they reset the module. Then the nest time they had it they contacted Ford engineer about the problem. The dealership said they where going to go into some program and fix it. Nope, it still catches on the weatherstrip above the glass while trying to open. The passenger side window is perfect. This is getting very frustrating. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there! If you would like additional assistance, please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealership info.

OP
OP
3del

3del

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Slow down. Cock handle then pull door. Don't pull door until AFTER the window drops.

you need to adapt to how door opens, door doesn't adapt to you.

The window reset you could have done yourself.
There are no issues on the passenger side door because it is setup the correct way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
3del

3del

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So its not sliding down before you open the door? Yeah we had a few of those issues here at our dealership and it was fixed with a reprogram to the door modules. There is an SSM regarding the issue.

SSM 51895 2023 Bronco – Window Short Drop Function Enhancement – Built On Or After 12-Jul-2023
Some 2023 Bronco vehicles built on or after 12-Jul-2023 have new software for the driver door module (DDM) and passenger door module (PDM). This software contains enhancements to the operation of the window short drop feature. Vehicles with this new software will exhibit a short drop event to all door windows anytime the vehicle is unlocked using the remote keyless entry (RKE), accessory keyless entry keypad, or the interior door unlock switch. For vehicles equipped with passive entry, a short drop event will not activate when a door is unlocked by placing a hand on an exterior door handle. The Owner's Manual and Workshop Manual are in process of being updated. This enhancement is currently being investigated for application into vehicles built prior to this running production change. Monitor OASIS for updates.
If they did the reprogram it will not drop the window when you put your hand on the door handle. It has to be unlocked with the keyfob first.
I think it is sliding down the same distance and speed as the other side. I think the issue is the window is up in the weather strip a little more than the other side that works perfectly fine.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put my hand through the handle and my thumb on the same hand against the door. I pull the handle but my thumb holds the door shut for the drop then pull the door open. Works fine for me. They need to design them so you touch the handle the window drops just like the smart unlock does.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have 3 options with window adjustment I know of

1. Window reset with switch
2. SSM
3. Manual adjustment of window through hole plugs at door bottom

If the window doesn't clear the seal even after it's dropped then the seal might of popped loose, but I assume the tech checked that.

Some people lower the window a little if they are having issues until it gets fixed

I just go slow, if I go fast I will shake my windows

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought the SSM was for the 4 door trucks and doesn't work with the 2 door. Mine doesn't catch that much but it still should drop before you pull the handle.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought the SSM was for the 4 door trucks and doesn't work with the 2 door. Mine doesn't catch that much but it still should drop before you pull the handle.
The SSM is just purely information regarding the new feature for vehicles built on or after 7/12/23.
For all other vehicles there seems to be programming currently available for most 4 doors and some 2 doors based on feedback from people on here that have had an update, but Ford hasn’t officially confirmed the programming is available for anything yet.

Sponsored

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
3del

3del

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I put my hand through the handle and my thumb on the same hand against the door. I pull the handle but my thumb holds the door shut for the drop then pull the door open. Works fine for me. They need to design them so you touch the handle the window drops just like the smart unlock does.
I appreciate your help with this. I do that exactly like you said but the other side is perfectly fine so it has to be a fix for the driv
You have 3 options with window adjustment I know of

1. Window reset with switch
2. SSM
3. Manual adjustment of window through hole plugs at door bottom

If the window doesn't clear the seal even after it's dropped then the seal might of popped loose, but I assume the tech checked that.

Some people lower the window a little if they are having issues until it gets fixed

I just go slow, if I go fast I will shake my windows

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well done reply!

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs