Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So let me start by saying I have never owned a cat that you can remove the doors, but last weekend was so nice I figured what the hell let's take them off

During the week I researched the hell out of taking them off because I was crazy worried about dropping them. Finally the day arrived and I was confident I could do it. I removed the bolts, put the storage bag on. It was so easier, but then I walked into my basement (don't have a garage) and I realized I never looked into how to store the doors after they are removed.

I figured I had two options....

1. Lean it up against a wall, but was worried about the bottom of the panel getting damaged.

2. Lay it flat on the ground with the inside of the door facing up.

Is either of this correct? I love having the doors off but want to make sure I am storing them correct

Sorry for the long story but any info would be appreciated
Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve yet to take mine off for fear of damage myself. Though not sure I really want to. But many on this site construct a carpeted dolly to strap them too.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So let me start by saying I have never owned a cat that you can remove the doors, but last weekend was so nice I figured what the hell let's take them off

During the week I researched the hell out of taking them off because I was crazy worried about dropping them. Finally the day arrived and I was confident I could do it. I removed the bolts, put the storage bag on. It was so easier, but then I walked into my basement (don't have a garage) and I realized I never looked into how to store the doors after they are removed.

I figured I had two options....

1. Lean it up against a wall, but was worried about the bottom of the panel getting damaged.

2. Lay it flat on the ground with the inside of the door facing up.

Is either of this correct? I love having the doors off but want to make sure I am storing them correct

Sorry for the long story but any info would be appreciated
If there in those bags you are alright, just gently lean them up against a wall in your basement, that is what I do. I had a Jeep for years, never had bags for them and never hurt them just leaning them up against a wall in my basement.

OP
OP
Browp24

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If there in those bags you are alright, just gently lean them up against a wall in your basement, that is what I do. I had a Jeep for years, never had bags for them and never hurt them just leaning them up against a wall in my basement.
Thanks. That is good to hear. My fear is definetly with banging them and ruining the bottom. With parts being hard to find I am nervous about doing anything to mess anything up lol

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cushion under it and a blanket behind it. Should be good if no rug rats to mess with them. I store mine on a couch in the garage.

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to lean mine up against the wall but I am going to put some 12" thick upholstery foam under them just to be extra cautious.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I usually only take mine off at work before leaving and lay them down on some pallets of stuff I know isn't going anywhere

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All 4 doors fit perfect on a king size bed. Lol. That’s where mine have been going when they come off. Plan to build one of the dollys with pvc at some point.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pool noodles across the floor, thick comforters or blankets, etc. The storage bags are good but always good to be cautious.

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Foam pad on the ground like a yoga mat, Front doors leaned against the wall touching the door handles, Rear doors laid against the inside of the front doors.
Easy peasy. Just remember to put some masking tape on the top inner edge of the front doors when removing to prevent chips.
Don't over think this. :)
And summer with the top and doors off is the best way to enjoy this truck.

Sponsored

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm considering slipping pool noodles or pipe insulation onto the bottom of the door before removal to sit on

Reactions: cgv

MicMac

Black Diamond
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 TREMOR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GOAT Fabrication Makes a new product that bolts to any wall. You can hang your doors and pivot them flush. I just ordered. Great company.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Los24

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still getting my garage adjusted since getting Bronco a couple months ago. I have all the bags and will use them to hold the Tubular Doors and then swap with regular doors in nicer weather. I plan on just getting some hooks to hang them on in the garage (same with front and middle row tops). I am working on design of back MIC top now.
Sponsored