Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got back from a year away from my Bronco in Korea, and as I've been driving around, noticing a strange popping-type sound that seems to be coming from the rear of the Bronco. I have a soft-top, so it's not the hard top popping issue. I'm running the IAG struts in the back, and also have the Tuffy Security Enclosure. I also have a Gear Shade Bimini top. Everything seems to be right with mods, and it's not a rattle, definitely a pop. The popping only happens when I'm moving but doesn't seem to be related to speed or hitting bumps, it's just random. Has anyone else encountered this or have any idea what it might be?
Sponsored

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 modā€™d Flex, ā€˜14 bmw i3, ā€˜93 modā€™d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey! I have this issue as well. It just started. Did you ever figure out the cause?

ps - I see you are also located in MD. Maybe this is a MD thing haha..

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
D-R0CK

D-R0CK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey! I have this issue as well. It just started. Did you ever figure out the cause?

ps - I see you are also located in MD. Maybe this is a MD thing haha..
After sitting in the backseat and riding around a little while, I figured out it was one of the metal cross beams across the soft top. I found when I applied a little pressure to it, that stopped the popping sound. I kinda just pushed the individual pieces of the bars together with my hands and literally just banged on it a couple times and haven't heard the popping since. Was very weird. I also moved to Vegas, so maybe that solved it, haha.

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hay thanks, Iā€™ll take a look. I have a sound insulating blanket located between the soft top and a bimini top. maybe the blanket pushing against the soft top caused some of the metal frame pieces to,separate a bit or something. It sounds almost like two fishing rods slapping together every once in awhile. I can imagine the sound coming from the frame. If not, I guess Iā€™ll have to move out of state as you suggest.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just got back from a year away from my Bronco in Korea, and as I've been driving around, noticing a strange popping-type sound that seems to be coming from the rear of the Bronco. I have a soft-top, so it's not the hard top popping issue. I'm running the IAG struts in the back, and also have the Tuffy Security Enclosure. I also have a Gear Shade Bimini top. Everything seems to be right with mods, and it's not a rattle, definitely a pop. The popping only happens when I'm moving but doesn't seem to be related to speed or hitting bumps, it's just random. Has anyone else encountered this or have any idea what it might be?
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I need you assistance with a soft top issue please PM me your email address @Ford Motor Company
Good afternoon! I would be glad to see how I can help you out with your soft top concern. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good afternoon! I would be glad to see how I can help you out with your soft top concern. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!
Message sent @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored