John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are scaring me now...what could happen? Steal my info from my logins??
Think how much of your personal info, including what you only think is just on your hard drives that Google possesses

TK421

Outer Banks
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had one for almost a month now. Works well but have a couple of issues:

1. Shuts off and has to reboot every time the truck is turned off. Sometimes boots quick, sometimes not at all and have to pick it manually and connect from the menu.

2. Using Google Assistant and CarPlay does not work well. Not a big deal. I have an android phone but not as my primary.

Overall, I really like the product. I use it on a base Bronco with 8" screen. I also have the remote, but it's not the best to use while in motion.

UPDATE: I forgot to add, I have the wifi hotspot setup in the Bronco so the MagicBox uses the truck's wifi. No phone needed.
It still uses your phones internet? Or are you saying you don't have to pay for Internet?

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used a heavy duty Magnet from AutoZone 12bucks. Been in for over a year and a few road trips. Easy grab and go.
Ford Bronco Streamtoyourcar Media Box Works on Bronco -- stream / cast / watch videos on factory screen CC35871E-9712-4114-9102-D5AF8063A9BF
Ford Bronco Streamtoyourcar Media Box Works on Bronco -- stream / cast / watch videos on factory screen CC35871E-9712-4114-9102-D5AF8063A9BF

You have a link to this magnet? I have been looking for about 5 mins online and can't find it. Just $4 rare earth discs and $5 hooks. Thanks

Sponsored

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™d bet everyone at the bar a round of drinks this is made in China. Their website is registered in Toronto Canada. The fact they have American Flags on some of their product images mixed in with some screenshots showing 24hr time screams China wanting to ā€œproveā€ to Americans itā€™s USA made. I could be wrong though.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks pretty cool, thanks for sharing. I always wish for a milkdrop style visualizer for the head unit, like the old winamp days.
Saddly the days of kicking llamas asses has since passed šŸ˜ž

RichWpg

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Think how much of your personal info, including what you only think is just on your hard drives that Google possesses
Except with the minor detail that American based tech firmsā€¦ have you knowā€¦ laws? Regulations? Political recourse? People get fired, companyā€™s get sued etc. Silicon Valley spends billions on privacy and security.

With a foreign firm who just sells boxes on eBay and suchā€¦. good luck with that.

LCDRBronco24

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. Good one. I'm just blown away that people are paranoid of the onboard modem and apps which are subject to a crapload of regulation, while others are plugging in Android boxes which could be doing ANYTHING.
As a Navy Information Warfare Officer that specializes in cyber, I can back this up.

OP
OP
craq5

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Navy Information Warfare Officer that specializes in cyber, I can back this up.
I have read the last two posts multiple times....I still don't understand. Are you guys saying it's stupid to worry about the box....or it's stupid to trust a Chinese made box???

Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do people need this, you wonder why Insurance rates are so high, you know there are hundreds of people out there "watching tv" while driving... For only a couple hundred more I bought this for my home, and when im out driving or up at the cabin I "rough it" and enjoy being "off the grid"

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That would have com in handy Saturday when I wasn't sure I was going to make it home in time to watch the Tenn v Bama game. GOOOOOOOO VOLS!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hahaha this is exactly my thought and its less expensive. I just bought my son a brand new ipad for $259
Lol, agree 100%. And no unknown security issues and my iPads work flawlessly/seamlessly with my iPhone. I donā€™t use any google or android apps/software on my iPhone, iPads, or Macs.

LCDRBronco24

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read the last two posts multiple times....I still don't understand. Are you guys saying it's stupid to worry about the box....or it's stupid to trust a Chinese made box???
No no, Iā€™m just saying how everyone is up in arms about China spying, but I guarantee 99.98% of our lives is spent giving it to Google, and the intrusive social media triad - Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
Sponsored