Sponsored

Sub/Amp B&O Upgrade - Advice: Turn Off Speed Compensated Volume!

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Advice for anyone doing a subwoofer mod by adding an aftermarket amp fed off of the factory sub wiring - turn off your Speed Compensated Volume. I installed a high end JL 10" sub with a JL 500W amp, both known good components, and the base was loud, but just didn't sound right. Too boomy. Some notes even sounded delayed coming out of the sub. Seemed somehow starved for power. Messed with gains, cutoff levels, everything, and couldn't figure it out. Finally turned the SCV setting in the head unit to OFF and the problem instantly went away. Now sounds perfect. I don't know what the B&O DSP was doing with the sub signal with SCV turned on, but it really sent a strange signal to the amp.
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to know, I will have to go look at mine. At times I feel the bass is to much and then at other times I feel the bass is not enough, so I am in there playing with the bass levels trying to find that happy medium. 🍻

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Advice for anyone doing a subwoofer mod by adding an aftermarket amp fed off of the factory sub wiring - turn off your Speed Compensated Volume. I installed a high end JL 10" sub with a JL 500W amp, both known good components, and the base was loud, but just didn't sound right. Too boomy. Some notes even sounded delayed coming out of the sub. Seemed somehow starved for power. Messed with gains, cutoff levels, everything, and couldn't figure it out. Finally turned the SCV setting in the head unit to OFF and the problem instantly went away. Now sounds perfect. I don't know what the B&O DSP was doing with the sub signal with SCV turned on, but it really sent a strange signal to the amp.
Good to know. Do you have a post with the details on the sub upgrade? Did you put the 10" JL in the same spot as the factory 8" sub? If so, what modifications were involved?

OP
OP
smast

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, I built a custom enclosure for teh 10" JL. The factory sub housing is plastic and did not have a lot of interior volume. Definitely looked like it would starve a 10" sub. I mounted my amp in the location where the factory sub housing was. I didn't do a full post on the build as there were already quite a few posts about people doing similar additions.
Ford Bronco Sub/Amp B&O Upgrade - Advice: Turn Off Speed Compensated Volume! 20221112_130335
Sponsored