Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,F250,Mustang, 2 Miatas, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi there. I have a new 23 Big Bend SAS (2000 miles) mid package and at times it takes a while for the sub to kick in. Yes I actually have the full 7 speaker system non-B&O. I would assume that it only powers on when it senses signal from the main unit however I often have to turn it up past 17 or so and power it off and on many times then finally the bass kicks in from the sub. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want a dealer trip just for that but not sure if it's a bad amp or just something loose. This speakers systems not the best but is total crap without the sub working.
Sponsored

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
This happens to me all the time. Turning up above 15 or so seems to get it to turn on, but nothing is consistent. I'm already planning to replace all the speakers and sub so I'm not bothering with the dealership.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi there. I have a new 23 Big Bend SAS (2000 miles) mid package and at times it takes a while for the sub to kick in. Yes I actually have the full 7 speaker system non-B&O. I would assume that it only powers on when it senses signal from the main unit however I often have to turn it up past 17 or so and power it off and on many times then finally the bass kicks in from the sub. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want a dealer trip just for that but not sure if it's a bad amp or just something loose. This speakers systems not the best but is total crap without the sub working.
It could be a bad voice coil and when you turn it up the woofer moves enough to play. You may need to bring it in. Other than the woofer coil, it could be the amp. Either way you may need to take it in.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
kcjaman79

kcjaman79

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It could be a bad voice coil and when you turn it up the woofer moves enough to play. You may need to bring it in. Other than the woofer coil, it could be the amp. Either way you may need to take it in.
I know that is not the issue. Once it comes on I can turn down to lower level and have the full bass response from the sub. Thanks for thought.

Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having this issue after adding in the Ford Fusion amp and Kicker sub. My Bronco came with the sub delete so I did the mod everyone was doing.

My sub only kicks on if I raise the volume past a certain mark. Once it kicks on it functions normally for the entirety of the ride until the car is turned off.

After research, apparently the amp might not be receiving enough "kick on" voltage to turn on. It only receives enough once the volume is high.

The fix is to install something like this apparently: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541TR4/PAC-TR-4-Trigger-Module.html

So weird it's happening to someone with a stock B&O system, though.

mack6319

Big Bend
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone find a cause or a solution for this? My new ‘23 Big bend does this. 7 speaker system with sub. I don’t want to waste my time at the dealer if there’s an easy fix.

OP
OP
kcjaman79

kcjaman79

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Basically no! Every time I have had it at the dealer and actually showed the service writer (and he said yea it's not on), they come back and say nothing is wrong. The tech said it was working. Well I have told them after a key cycle or turning it up loud it will work as it is supposed to. Its dumb that these techs put no investigative effort to solve issues. It still drives me nuts and hurts my dogs ears when I crank it past 20 for many seconds until it kicks in. I am stuck for now dealing with it until it's next visit where I will ask them to drag the damn tech out while I wait so I can prove to them it's screwed up.

I feel that the amp is not receiving ample signal from the head unit thus why it's not triggered to turn on which is how a lot of aftermarket amps work I think. IMO it should turn on as soon as the button for the radio or ignition is pressed.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's a few different ways, but we don't usually discuss my turn ons on a car forum. That's really bad form ;)
Sponsored