Sponsored

Subwoofer clip/bottom out/pop sound. Please help.

BroncoFrog

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the '23 B&O System
I get a distinct "pop" sound when certain bass tracks hit. I have no rattle or consistent rattling sounds, just on isolated or the initial part of a bass I get a noticeable popping sound. Anyone have a remedy or similar issue. Here is a sample song that really highlights the issue:

Spotify EQ turned off and all Bronco EQs normal, I get a pop once I turn it up every time the bass hits. If someone could even test this song themselves that would be amazing. Unsure if this is just the quality of the sub or I have an issue.

Anyone have anything similar? Many discussing rattle, I do not have that, or if I do it is one single isolated rattle right when it hits.
Sponsored

CamptownBD

Badlands
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might be experiencing the same thing. No rattles, but when certain frequencies hit, the sub sounds like it is hitting something. i.e. bottoming out. I figured either that or something is loose and only moves when the bass really kicks. I havent torn apart the panel to look yet. I just lowered the bass on the EQ so i can barely hear it. Usually happens over volume 18, so only an issue for me when top and doors are off. If you find a solution, I would be grateful.

OP
OP
BroncoFrog

BroncoFrog

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So frustrating, no solution yet.
If you get bored play that song and see if the kick drum makes it happen every time

CamptownBD

Badlands
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you figure this out yet, by chance?

OP
OP
BroncoFrog

BroncoFrog

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you figure this out yet, by chance?
No. And no one has tried the song to confirm the issue repeats for them. Would be helpful to know. Happens mid 20s on the volume to consistently reproduce.

I gave up and ordered a new aftermarket sub and amp I’ll install this week. It was so annoying. Definitely was not rattle in the speaker because I could reproduce it even pulling the speaker out of the housing. Attached is a video of the sound.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damaged voice coil or bottomed out. It’s a $3 dollar speaker with a $4 box and a $5 amp. Made those numbers up, but you get the point.

CamptownBD

Badlands
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds clip is the same sound I'm getting. And yes, Area 51, I know it's all cheap stuff. I replaced the 5 stock speakers and was shocked at how cheap they were.

When you pulled the speaker (sub) from the housing (stock enclosure) you said it was still making that clap sound? In other words, the speaker was/is bad? I was confused by your answer.

I guess I'm asking to see if replacing the stock sub with the 8"kicker would address or if something is rattling at higher volumes (it's in the box itself and a rattle I have to track down). I am happy with the amount of bass, just can't stand that "clapping" sound when top is off and volume is over 19.

OP
OP
BroncoFrog

BroncoFrog

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, removed the speaker form the housing so there is no chance of it rattling against anything and just holding it in my hand it still makes that same pop on those frequencies. So it’s just the speaker itself. You are in the exact same boat as me. I purchased a plug-n-play kit with an 8” sub, but aftermarket subs need way more power (even though that’s not what I’m looking for either). Going to modify the box to house a new amp and 8” sub (current one is actually not a true 8” I learned) and dial back the output since my days of rattling the block are gone.
Sponsored

Last edited: