First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Looks like someone was able to capture that sound while running on video. Wastegate, by the looks of it?
Yup that’s it! Now I wonder if that’s doing the same thing when when I open the door when it’s shut off. Thanks for finding that
Sponsored

Zstngz

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, Datsun Z, Merc E350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup that’s it! Now I wonder if that’s doing the same thing when when I open the door when it’s shut off. Thanks for finding that
So is that a problem that needs fixing?

OP
OP

Siborg11

Big Bend
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So is that a problem that needs fixing?
That’s why I post this thread. I’m not mechanically inclined when it comes to vehicles so I wasn’t sure if it was a major issue

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd say it's normal. I've read two things online for the "door open" scenario (which I get also, as well as when I depress the clutch to start my engine).

Either:
1. Low pressure fuel pump priming
2. Wastegate initializing before starting

If you listen carefully, it also makes this noise when you shut off ignition, which leads me to think it's definitely the wastegate doing its thing. I've heard this on every 2.3 bronco and ranger I've seen.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Siborg11

Big Bend
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
UPDATE: I took it in to Ford to have it looked at and they said everything seemed normal. Still sounds to me like the parts they use are cheap with the sounds they make. I had a vehicle before with a turbo in it and never heard the screeching sounds from the waste gate and the whining sounds from the fuel pump priming.

I do love everything else about the Bronco besides those issues. I guess it’ll have to be something I have to get used to. Thanks to everyone who helped out on here ✌🏻

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2.7 Badlands is doing same, when unlocking, shutting down, and when accelerating and decelerating. Definitely some motion in engine prepping for start. Turbo acuator or air louvers I'm thinking. Will have dealership take a look.
Sponsored