Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear Ford,
Ford customer service +1-800-392-3673 (call center)
@Ford Motor Company
I am writing to express my disappointment with the quality of the 2022 Bronco MIC tops. I have been waiting for over 6 months for a replacement and I am still waiting. I understand that there are quality issues with the molded-in-color tops for both the two- and four-door Broncos. I have been informed by my dealer that they have received three replacement tops for my Bronco, and all have been of poor quality. I hope that you will take steps to address these issues and provide me with a replacement as soon as possible.
I have been trying to get in touch with someone from Ford for weeks now. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get through to anyone and my issues remain unresolved. (it would be amazing to talk to someone not in a call center)
I understand that Ford is a large company and that it can be difficult to manage customer inquiries and complaints. However, I believe that it is important for companies to provide their customers with timely and effective support.
Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What was wrong with the 3 tops shipped? Just curious.

OP
OP

Bronco671

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Delamination, severe webbing, panels different color or not fitting. Whoever is shipping them started out shipping the tops in a closed plywood crate. They are now being shipped in an open crate with no support.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Delamination, severe webbing, panels different color or not fitting. Whoever is shipping them started out shipping the tops in a closed plywood crate. They are now being shipped in an open crate with no support.
So that's where all the Ice/dirt/mud mountain tops went!

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Crate looks like this it came in damaged. Two door top.
Ford Bronco MIC TOP Ford Please help!! 20230410_075246

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dear Ford,
Ford customer service +1-800-392-3673 (call center)
@Ford Motor Company
I am writing to express my disappointment with the quality of the 2022 Bronco MIC tops. I have been waiting for over 6 months for a replacement and I am still waiting. I understand that there are quality issues with the molded-in-color tops for both the two- and four-door Broncos. I have been informed by my dealer that they have received three replacement tops for my Bronco, and all have been of poor quality. I hope that you will take steps to address these issues and provide me with a replacement as soon as possible.
I have been trying to get in touch with someone from Ford for weeks now. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get through to anyone and my issues remain unresolved. (it would be amazing to talk to someone not in a call center)
I understand that Ford is a large company and that it can be difficult to manage customer inquiries and complaints. However, I believe that it is important for companies to provide their customers with timely and effective support.
Yes @Ford Motor Company. It is time to resolve this top issue once and for all. Mine is fine (for now) but I am concerned about it long term. I plan to keep my Bronco for 20+ years. Will the MIC top hold up? Do the right thing and WARRANTY these tops for full replacement (when needed) for the lifetime of ownership for the original purchaser. Lets also work on getting the MIC problems resolved once and for all. Thank you.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Crate looks like this it came in damaged. Two door top.
Ford Bronco MIC TOP Ford Please help!! 20230410_075246
Same thing here. Shipped another and it showed up undamaged. Going into service o 06/01/23

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes @Ford Motor Company. It is time to resolve this top issue once and for all. Mine is fine (for now) but I am concerned about it long term. I plan to keep my Bronco for 20+ years. Will the MIC top hold up? Do the right thing and WARRANTY these tops for full replacement (when needed) for the lifetime of ownership for the original purchaser. Lets also work on getting the MIC problems resolved once and for all. Thank you.
Yes, along with the rest of the vehicle. I want a full lifetime warranty. Not because mine has any issues, just because it might as some point in its lifetime.

/sarcasm

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same thing here. Shipped another and it showed up undamaged. Going into service o 06/01/23
I'm not sure if I will have it replaced with all the issues cracks around the windows the bubbles on the surface. Mine is just cracked in side on the mounting surface 3 inches.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if Ford would just settle and cut you a check for the MIC top value. Then you could buy a Anderson or ADV top
some folks paid nearly $60k and shouldn't have to come out of pocket any more just to have a hardtop that doesn't look like garbage. If they can't build a top that doesn't fall apart in a few months then they don't need to offer it.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
some folks paid nearly $60k and shouldn't have to come out of pocket any more just to have a hardtop that doesn't look like garbage. If they can't build a top that doesn't fall apart in a few months then they don't need to offer it.
Agreed it’s unacceptable. I’m glad I didn’t get a hard top now. I’m paying for aftermarket. Costs more but Ford just can’t get it right so far

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, along with the rest of the vehicle. I want a full lifetime warranty. Not because mine has any issues, just because it might as some point in its lifetime.

/sarcasm
It is not a pie in the sky concept. Dodge has done this on a few issues with their Chargers. As far as the Bronco, there is no other part of the Bronco that has had such a calamity of reported issues. Maybe these issues are elevated by forums like this or maybe it is just a matter of time until all of the MICS have failure issues. For such a large part of the Bronco (the entire top of it) to fall apart and look like crap, at ANY time over it's ownership is just not acceptable. Jeep has it right and so do many of the truck canopy topper companies. It is just possible that the design of the MIC is just not a good one. (And I did see your sarcasm notation :giggle: )
Sponsored