Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Gotcha, I know for our 2016 Rubicon with a Mopar lifetime warranty I always plan on leaving it a minimum of 2-3 weeks and there is a 90% chance of no loaner available. I think ever since covid it's been that way for a lot of dealers.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try making a service appointment at your dealership of choice. That way it is not just sitting around until they can get to it.

As far as being safe to drive, I assume you verified the current oil level was adequate? As long as it is holding oil it will be fine to drive until it can be dropped off.

OP
OP
AntiMatterSAS

AntiMatterSAS

Base
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco base SAS 4 door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you everyone for your responses. Ford just contacting me directly with an escalated case number. I'll keep everyone posted with my findings , part numbers, repair time , Etc once I take the vehicle to repair shop and see what the problem is.

OP
OP
AntiMatterSAS

AntiMatterSAS

Base
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like a rear main seal leak, which is starting to become a trend on some 2.7’s.
If it is the rear main seal, it’s covered under powertrain warranty. Just bring it to your dealer.
I was kind of hoping you'd chime in and you did. Kind of new on the forums but the word around town is you're the technical guy to go to on some of these issues. Thanks for your input

Sponsored
OP
OP
AntiMatterSAS

AntiMatterSAS

Base
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This started yesterday. 21 antimatter blue sas
28,000 miles

taking it to the shop this morning.

Ford Bronco Please HELP! Oil leak! IMG_2183
My 21 antimatter sas 2.7 is at the dealer but they're so backed up they won't be able to look at it for another week. Seems like this is an antimatter issue now LOL the price we pay for Rarity😒

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the dealers near you are busy I recommend just make an appointment- even if it is further out. At least you will have an appointment. In the mean time, clean up the underneath and see if you can detect where the oil is coming from. I could not see from the pictures, sometimes a sloppy oil change will leave oil splattered underneath that will make droplets. Also check the oil drain plug. Look for the basics first. The more you can do to isolate what is going on, the easier it will be for your dealer to confirm and fixt it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This started yesterday 2.7. ‘21 Antimatter Blue sas
28,000 miles

taking it to the shop this morning.

Ford Bronco Please HELP! Oil leak! IMG_2183
That most definitely did not start yesterday and looks like it has been leaking for months.

DropHunter

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got off the phone with my service manager. Rear main seal is leaking. I may get it back next week depending on parts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AntiMatterSAS

AntiMatterSAS

Base
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got off the phone with my service manager. Rear main seal is leaking. I may get it back next week depending on parts.
I'm still waiting to hear back from my dealer. I know you're under 36k so you're covered under warranty, I'm at 37k so I'm relying on the powertrain warranty at this point

OP
OP
AntiMatterSAS

AntiMatterSAS

Base
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Please HELP! Oil leak! 1000011585

So it WAS the rear main seal! Fully covered under warranty! Additionally the coolant tank was cracked, might be something others need to look out for.

4doorbu

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh…I have the same leak. Noticed some drips in the driveway the last few weeks. Looked underneath today.

IMG_5759.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg

OP
OP
AntiMatterSAS

AntiMatterSAS

Base
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ugh…I have the same leak. Noticed some drips in the driveway the last few weeks. Looked underneath today.

IMG_5759.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg
You seem to caught yours early on, after the dealer fixed my repair I had to go back after 2,000 miles for the same issue. So keep an eye on it. If you take it in for warranty repair and get denied, go to another dealer because that's what I also had to do. They try to deny me because of my Ford performance tuner and my lift kit and 37s. Most time service advisors pretend that they're ASE technicians
Sponsored