First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would it be possible to have a dealer flash the ACM on a bronco with the subwoofer delete instead of using forscan to turn on a subwoofer?
Sponsored

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would it be possible to have a dealer flash the ACM on a bronco with the subwoofer delete instead of using forscan to turn on a subwoofer?

I'd like to know too. I use a mac and don't have a PC to use the forscan. Would love to know what I could tell my dealer.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The dealer can flash your stock system with the "subwoofer flash". It's really just a software update to the ACM. Doing this flash still allows factory fader/balance adjustments where I believe you lose that when doing the forscan changes.

Some dealers may charge, some may not. I would suggest printing out the instructions (available online) and taking them to the dealer with you. It shows step by step what they have to do.

OP
OP
NathanML

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any idea where to find this or what to search for? I’m googling and not finding anything

The dealer can flash your stock system with the "subwoofer flash". It's really just a software update to the ACM. Doing this flash still allows factory fader/balance adjustments where I believe you lose that when doing the forscan changes.

Some dealers may charge, some may not. I would suggest printing out the instructions (available online) and taking them to the dealer with you. It shows step by step what they have to do.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just an ACM configuration change. Your dealer would use a piece of software called FDRS—Ford Diagnostic and Repair System. To be honest I don't know if FDRS will let you turn on the subwoofer or not. I would assume it will, but I just haven't had access to a 2023MY Bronco to try it on.

There is no official service procedure from Ford to do it... so there is a VERY good chance the dealer will just say "sorry, can't do it". Will need some luck to find a service technician that knows their stuff.

I imagine most dealers will charge 1-2 hours of labor for it. In my area that would run just shy of $300, but it'll vary widely.

Sponsored

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need a computer nerd to tell the cheapest laptop I can buy that will run the forscan! Probably cheaper and more nerve wracking

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
…

There is no official service procedure from Ford to do it... so there is a VERY good chance the dealer will just say "sorry, can't do it". Will need some luck to find a service technician that knows their stuff.

I imagine most dealers will charge 1-2 hours of labor for it. In my area that would run just shy of $300, but it'll vary widely.
FORScan is lookin pretty sweet. ;)
Sponsored