Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,
I am a new member here and would like to request some help.

I have installed a subwoofer using an LOC tapped from the rear pod speakers. I'm getting a little bit of output from the sub but it is very low. At first, I thought it was because of the amplifier so I purchased a new one but I'm still getting the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Below is my rig

Subwoofer: Stinger TXJWB12
Amplifier:
Skar Audio RP-1200.1D Monoblock Class D
Sponsored

GreyCactus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You need to tap into the front speakers. The rears are limited by the head unit’s DSP and do not have full range of frequencies. Others have used Forscan to reprogram the settings so that’s another option.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another line of investigation would be the LOC you used. Most of the common ones out there would be fine for the Base sound system, but some LOCs are designed for higher input. (I had to get one of these for tapping into the B&O amp output.)

If you happened to get a LOC designed for higher input and used it on the lower wattage coming from the head unit, you would also have lower output going to the amp. (As these step-down the voltage going to the amp inputs)

Last edited:
OP
OP

xCursedwolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You need to tap into the front speakers. The rears are limited by the head unit’s DSP and do not have full range of frequencies. Others have used Forscan to reprogram the settings so that’s another option.
So tap into the front 4inch dash speakers?

GreyCactus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The same signal is going to both the kick panel and dash speakers so either will work. Kick panel would be easier though.
Sponsored