First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone with the plug n play kits t harness have an issue with "prompt volume"? My music sound is fine, but the prompt volume is basically non existant. I can barely hear it like a whisper if I max the volume, but that's it.

I've tried to call them and get help, but no response as I think I pissed him off with questions, so looking for help/ideas here.

Thanks
Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone with the plug n play kits t harness have an issue with "prompt volume"? My music sound is fine, but the prompt volume is basically non existant. I can barely hear it like a whisper if I max the volume, but that's it.

I've tried to call them and get help, but no response as I think I pissed him off with questions, so looking for help/ideas here.

Thanks
Try hitting the “talk” button on the steering wheel then quickly adjust the prompt volume. You can only adjust the prompt volume that split second the prompt is up.

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Try hitting the “talk” button on the steering wheel then quickly adjust the prompt volume. You can only adjust the prompt volume that split second the prompt is up.
I've got the prompt volume maxed. I just turn waze on full sound directions, so when it talks is when I adjust. Normal music volume is 12ish with my amp, and I have prompt volume at like 28. Still sounds like a whisper. Nav is easier and longer to set prompt volume. It's gotta be something else

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've got the prompt volume maxed. I just turn waze on full sound directions, so when it talks is when I adjust. Normal music volume is 12ish with my amp, and I have prompt volume at like 28. Still sounds like a whisper. Nav is easier and longer to set prompt volume. It's gotta be something else
Volume control in phone, both the overall volume and the waze/prompt volume???

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Volume control in phone, both the overall volume and the waze/prompt volume???

Yessir. And the only thing that has changed was adding the t harness

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yessir. And the only thing that has changed was adding the t harness
Is there something weird going on where the voice prompts from sync 4 are for front channel but you’re either faded to rear or only or mostly using rear channels with new amp setup?

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there something weird going on where the voice prompts from sync 4 are for front channel but you’re either faded to rear or only or mostly using rear channels with new amp setup?
I actually dont even have the rear hooked up currently. Had a issue with 1 set of rca's. Waiting on new ones to come, but rear channels are not hooked up at all from the lc7i.

I have also noticed the 6.5 in the kickpanels seem to be barely playing, but the dash are rocking out. Maybe thats part of the issue? Does the prompt volume somehow come from kick panels vs the dash? I would assume it would either come from both, or dash only.

Granted I still have the factory 6.5 in the kick panels, and focals in the dash...just havent switched the kicks out yet. Was wanting to get everything tested and working first

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Plug n Play Kits T-Harness Issue -- prompt volume low CD133FAA-2357-4422-88AC-8ABB5E15146C

Power goes to kicks first, dash are daisy chained, so if you’re missing power to kicks, something weird going on. You may be on to something.

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
CD133FAA-2357-4422-88AC-8ABB5E15146C.jpeg

Power goes to kicks first, dash are daisy chained, so if you’re missing power to kicks, something weird going on. You may be on to something.
Thats what I thought. Before I realized I had an issue with the rca, I had called and asked about the wiring, because he didn't send the hookup diagram with his kit. He seemed pretty hung up on insisting he did, and seemed to get a little upset with me for asking questions. Insisted he tested everything with the harness before sending it, and it was working 100%. I called and left a VM requesting a callback, but silence, so unfortunately I think Im on my own here, and I have zero idea how to trouble shoot his harness to figure out the issue.

The only thing I can figure is maybe the kicks are now getting too much power and popped since it's still factory? But the gains on the lc7i and amp are almost at zero, so I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

I am kind of at a loss here. The only other thing I can reason is maybe Im underpowering what the factory radio was sending, but since I have focals in the dash already, they are making up for it? I have no idea where to go from here, lol.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check impedance of new dash vs old dash speakers, and do they match with kick. New dash may be taking all the power, but I’m no electrician.

Sponsored
OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check impedance of new dash vs old dash speakers, and do they match with kick. New dash may be taking all the power, but I’m no electrician.

Will do. Thats kind of what I was wondering.Maybe I'll just set the focal kicks on the floor and plug them in, see if anything changes.

This is my 2nd bronco. I did 4" and 6.5" coax in the first, but decided to do components in this one. So when I got this one, I replaced the 4" right away, but was waiting on the kicks for the amp install, since I had to run crossovers etc, so just left the factory kick in place until I could install the full components. Didn't wanna change the kicks twice, lol.

I will try that on Tuesday when I have a spare moment and report back, unless someone else has any other ideas in the meantime.

rad_rob

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know this is an old thread, but I am having the exact same problem. Any chance you found a solution for this?
Sponsored