Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford allows you to take one of the Key FOB's and program it to restrict certain things. Hence "MyKey"

E.G. you have a teenage driver and you want to set a maximum speed limit or maximum radio volume you can do with with MyKey on one of the FOB's.

Apparently with the Bronco setting up a MyKey for one of the FOB's deactivates the more aggressive GOAT modes when using that FOB. E.G. Sport, Baja, Rock Crawl, etc. cannot be selected. These goat modes in some form or fashion may turn off some of the traction control nannies, make more aggressive shift points, etc. which Ford would deem to be inappropriate for that restricted driver.
Also a modern valet key of sorts? Not that I'm letting a valet anywhere near the 7spd.
Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And one more possibility is the speed at which you are driving, when you turn the selector. I have been driving a loaner BB for the last 2500 miles and noticed it only offers up those it can switch to. So, stop and either N or P, then select..... it makes sense, because anything with 4L and/or lockers is No-No above 25 mph?
This has more to do with the spec of the unit, as the higher trim AdvanceTrac system works slightly different from the non AdvanceTrac system.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah my key locks out certain features and I believe off-roading is some of them. Maybe it got confused unless you had the my key in the vehicle somewhere.
This is odd because I had both a normal key and a MyKey setup, and it worked flawlessly for about a month, then all of a sudden it dropped all features one morning, threw errors about the AdvanceTrac system and locked out any modes and 4Low/4H, but left 4A alone. Wouldnt clear the errors without involving the dealership and now after clearing all keys and removing the service errors, it is working normally again. This is not working as designed.

Print744

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You're in Joshua Tree so don't turn your SXM to the U2 channel.

You dont want to hear Bono sing, "I still can't find what I'm looking for....."

The irony could be overwhelming.
That is a place "Where the Streets Have No Name", though
Sponsored