Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SQ/ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure why (so I'm asking), but... only three of the seven GOAT modes are showing in the display when I turn the dial. I can switch between normal, Eco and Slippery but the rest have vanished? not even 40 miles on it.
They were there last night but only noticed they were missing today when I tried to show them to my neighbor... go figure.

Anyway is there a reset I'm missing somewhere or a dummy switch I mistakenly hit, which is keeping me from hurting myself and others... lol, (but crying on the inside).

If anyone has seen this or knows what I have done to my new baby Black Diamond-Sas please post, only had it 24hrs. manual and forums are not showing anything that I've found about this yet, no warnings or other message either BTW.

hope to hear from you soon!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds like a "unplug it and plug it back in" situation.

Pull the negative terminal off your battery for a minute or so, then reattach it. See if that works.

If not: to the dealership you go for some warranty work.

OP
OP

BADD4D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SQ/ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure why (so I'm asking), but... only three of the seven GOAT modes are showing in the display when I turn the dial. I can switch between normal, Eco and Slippery but the rest have vanished? not even 40 miles on it.
They were there last night but only noticed they were missing today when I tried to show them to my neighbor... go figure.

Anyway is there a reset I'm missing somewhere or a dummy switch I mistakenly hit, which is keeping me from hurting myself and others... lol, (but crying on the inside).

If anyone has seen this or knows what I have done to my new baby Black Diamond-Sas please post, only had it 24hrs. manual and forums are not showing anything that I've found about this yet, no warnings or other message either BTW.

OK... User error #1. note: if you make a MyKey for your bronco you might lock yourself out of GOAT modes. I cleared all MyKeys and got back my GOATs... must have prevented track-control turn off or something in those settings (was not intentional or obvious). Figured it out when I saw the "Mykey active" notice on startup.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Did you wax it?!?

I agree with the above, reset the computer, but if you can get an OBD-II scanner, check if any codes are set first.

Didn't even know about the "MyKey" functions... Wow. Actually, that's kinda cool.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is one other thing, i noticed that the goat shepherd (sounds good) or the control module only shows the goats available under current conditions. So if you try to find/see mud&ruts while doing 70 on the highway, Bronco-boy will not even show you that option, etc.

Sponsored

Palmermc

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.markpalmer-design.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just encountered the same exact issue today with about 700 miles on the odometer. Last night everything worked, today only Slippery, Normal, and ECO show up. No errors showing up. Iā€™ll try checking Mykey and resetting the battery in the morning.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you wax it?!?

I agree with the above, reset the computer, but if you can get an OBD-II scanner, check if any codes are set first.

Didn't even know about the "MyKey" functions... Wow. Actually, that's kinda cool.
My keys is to keep your kids from doing all the stuff we did when we were there age. You can limit radio volume, track and limit top speed even make the car cease to function after a certain time.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My keys is to keep your kids from doing all the stuff we did when we were there age. You can limit radio volume, track and limit top speed even make the car cease to function after a certain time.
The first thing I did got me pulled over (55+ in a 25) and the subsequent donuts were detected by my father who noted that items in the trunk may have shifted somewhat during that little drive...

I can't imagine being a teenager without access to donut mode!!! Surprisingly, I haven't even tried donut mode. I do have all 8 GOAT modes now, and I think that I may have accidentally found a way to get rid of eco mode.

Palmermc

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.markpalmer-design.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok, I had the same issue and was also able to resolve it by clearing the MyKeys!

Iā€™m not sure why they suddenly disappeared though, as I had the MyKey active for several days without it affecting the Goat Modes. Must be a bug.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, I had the same issue and was also able to resolve it by clearing the MyKeys!

Iā€™m not sure why they suddenly disappeared though, as I had the MyKey active for several days without it affecting the Goat Modes. Must be a bug.
Had "MyKey" active for over a month and 2000 miles, all of sudden one day it says "Have the AdvanceTrak system serviced immediately" and all GOAT modes disappeared. Would show up on cold start, but could not select anything but "Normal, Slippery/Wet, or Eco" modes. Cleared MyKey and now GOAT modes work after resetting the codes. Ugh, this is complete BS that this issue is caused by using a standard feature on the vehicle. Come on @Ford Motor Company This is pretty ridiculous that this A) happens, and B) isnt a known issue in a TSB somewhere since it is still happening. If you are going to sell us a feature it better work, and the dealerships better know something about it, because they spent a week trying to diagnose why the 4x4 system wouldnt engage 4Low, but then happened to see it might be related to this issue as well. Took it to the dealership because it wouldnt engage any off-road modes and was throwing errors to have the system checked. Am I supposed to not use your "MyKey" feature you sold me now too?
Sponsored