Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that just about all new cars are just laptops with wheels scares me about the lifespan of them. The longest extended warranty will be a must for me in the future. ESS, lane control and assist, cameras, multiple batteries and God knows what electronics in the 4xE. This time it corrected itself. We've been sold a bill of goods that all this electronic stuff will do everything just great. In the future your tool box will be a Sat phone to a tow truck.
I agree, but a ten year extended warranty cost thousands and the fine print says if they can't get a part well just to bad for you. I have worked on automated process controls for 25 years and by 3 to 5 years if not sooner all that high tech stuff will be obsolete and unavailable
Sponsored

OP
OP

atxbronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch/Soft-top)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update for those interested.

Unable to repair at this time because part is not available. Vehicle requires a new Chassis Control Module but this part has a 3 month lead time even with the escalated status given to this case. So, vehicle has been broken since August and it looks like it will remain broken for a while. Good times...

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unable to repair at this time because part is not available. Vehicle requires a new Chassis Control Module but this part has a 3 month lead time even with the escalated status given to this case. So, vehicle has been broken since August and it looks like it will remain broken for a while. Good times...
3 freaking months... Really sorry OP. I hope this is not a larger issue.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So your original post said 2H, 4H 4L and lockers are still available, just bum SBD and GOAT modes?
So it's still drivable and usable just bad SBD and GOATs? Could be worse I guess, Good Luck.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree, but a ten year extended warranty cost thousands and the fine print says if they can't get a part well just to bad for you. I have worked on automated process controls for 25 years and by 3 to 5 years if not sooner all that high tech stuff will be obsolete and unavailable
Two more goodies - if they can't duplicate the issue, they will charge you for diagnostic time and fix nothing. And the warranty typically only covers a repair that involves part replacement. If the repair involves an adjustment, tightening, or reprogramming, the warranty won't cover that.

I've had a couple of Lincolns with the factory warranty and also the CPO warranty, and I've encountered both of the above scenarios. I've paid the dealership hundreds of dollars to be unable to diagnose or fix a warranteed vehicle.

Warranties are helpful for large catastrophic issues, but for the electrical gremlins that come and go, they're not guaranteed to save you all that much money.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for your pain Steve, hope FORD under promised and over delivers in your case.:cautious:

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats too bad. I hope they get it fixed soon. I'm starting to think 4x4 is just a novelty on these things.

Remember when this was all you needed to wheel?

And if those broke, you had bigger problems than just not having 4x4 engaged.

Ford Bronco GOAT modes unavailable and Sta-Bar Disconnect Service Required 1633468047688

Ford Bronco GOAT modes unavailable and Sta-Bar Disconnect Service Required 1633468132833

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is definitely not the first control module that has had to be replaced on this board. Signs of the shotty and Rushed work done now a days.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why the tow? Couldn't get out of 4L or 4H?
Service told me to have it towed through FordPass. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe because sway bar disco is always on. I can get it into 2H so it doesn't actually work, but maybe it's just a precaution.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Service told me to have it towed through FordPass. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe because sway bar disco is always on. I can get it into 2H so it doesn't actually work, but maybe it's just a precaution.
ah yea, makes sense, probably to avoid it having issues at higher speeds.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they keep your Bronco ? Did they give you something else if they did in the meantime ? I would be so pissed.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was looking at my connected vehicle info in OASIS yesterday, pending codes for speakers 1 & 2 and chassis control module. All new codes that started about a week ago so I'm going to check C210 at the passenger kick panel to see if the connector from the SSM is loose.

SSM 50148 - 2021 Bronco – Multiple Warning Indicators / Messages In The IPC - Multiple Communication Fault DTCs Related To The HS2-CAN Network
Some 2021 Bronco vehicles may experience multiple warning indicators / messages displayed in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) and/or multiple communication fault diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) setting in and/or related to the HS2-CAN modules. This may be due to a loose and/or improperly seated connector C210. If the vehicle exhibits the above conditions, access and inspect connector C210 for proper attachment and/or damage and repair as necessary. To access the connector, remove the right side lower cowl side panel (follow Workshop Manual, (WSM) Section 415-00 > Removal and Installation > A-Pillar Speaker, Steps 9-10) and the glove compartment (follow WSM Section 501-12 > Removal and Installation > Glove Compartment). If this fault persists, refer to WSM Section 418-00A and continue with normal diagnostics.
Sponsored