Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if there's an easy way to tell if the bar is actually disconnected or it's just a sensor. Because if it's still connected then it should be safe to drive.
I have same issue - not the one that shows the sta-bar disconnect in red - but the alert keeps going off. It instantly disables the ability to change GOAT modes. no issue driving and no more alerts. If I restart the truck the GOAT modes are enabled again and the alert doesn't come back on for another 10 miles or so. Having dealer check this out while it is in on rear gate issue. Hopefully a sensor thing. seems so.

UDPDATE : Iā€™m told a software update is what is required based on another customer of theirs who had same issue that was resolved. Donā€™t know if this is accurate. They are doing for me today.
Sponsored

Last edited:

broncodad

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badland Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have same issue - not the one that shows the sta-bar disconnect in red - but the alert keeps going off. It instantly disables the ability to change GOAT modes. no issue driving and no more alerts. If I restart the truck the GOAT modes are enabled again and the alert doesn't come back on for another 10 miles or so. Having dealer check this out while it is in on rear gate issue. Hopefully a sensor thing. seems so.

UDPDATE : Iā€™m told a software update is what is required based on another customer of theirs who had same issue that was resolved. Donā€™t know if this is accurate. They are doing for me today.
Mine just showed up today at dealer and sounds like it's having the same issue you all are describing. Hoping they figure it out. :-/

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine just showed up today at dealer and sounds like it's having the same issue you all are describing. Hoping they figure it out. :-/
They performed a software update and it solved the issue. Was quick fix.

broncodad

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badland Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer replaced the entire assembly which I think is the chassis control module. The main part was MB3Z-5482-Cā€¦itā€™s about a $2,000 part. Anyway, after replacement everything seems to work fine. No more error message.
Mine came off the truck this way. Same result. Dealer is ordering new assembly altogether. Hope itā€™s a quick part to get in and turnaround.

Sponsored

More Cowbell

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had the same issue after driving my November Build FE home from the dealer. At 995 miles into the trip I was taking an on ramp for a highway when it came on. Drove another 500 miles and it went away. Took it right to my hometown dealer but and they said everything was fineā€¦.
Ford Bronco Sta bar disconnect failure 1644325710716

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw 2 of these failure on Facebook. Anyone here got that issue? When reserving a Badlands I wondered about the reliability of the sta bar. Sad to see multiple people already having issues with it.

Ford Bronco Sta bar disconnect failure 1644325710716
I've had it twice... I reset the code with ForScan and it goes away. Sensor/wiring/pressure switch issue is my guess. I don't think it actually disengaged.

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was fixed w software update a couple weeks ago. It just started happening again. Let me know if anyone figures out a solution. My dealer did the fix for a few so I imagine they will hear back from everyone shortly and hopefully address again somehow.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was fixed w software update a couple weeks ago. It just started happening again. Let me know if anyone figures out a solution. My dealer did the fix for a few so I imagine they will hear back from everyone shortly and hopefully address again somehow.
That's what happened to me. Fixed then started again.

My dealer replaced the entire sway bar assembly and now it's fixed for real. Apparently there's a new software update as well, which might've fixed it, but they installed the assembly as well just in case and since they had it.

It took almost 3 months for the assembly to come in though. šŸ˜¬

Sponsored

broncodad

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badland Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was erroring out when delivered. It drove fine and within a few hundred miles it just went away. Up to 800 and now error lights for about 500. New assembly is on order but kinda donā€™t want them to replace if itā€™s ok, but who knows when the issue pops back up.

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same problem this week "Sta-Bar Disconnect Service Required"
I took it in for service yesterday, they said it just needed a software update and I brought it home today. Seems fixed for now. We'll see.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw that error once, but it cleared up immediately.

There are definitely some grimlins in the Bronco software. The fact my engine had to be ripped out and fixed at 5500 miles (cam phaser noise) shows that there are indeed some mechanical issues as well.

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the "Sta-Bar DIsconnect Service REquired" is back - 1 day after taking it home from the dealer and having the software update. As others have mentioned it completely disables all GOAT mode / 2WD-4WD changes when it happens. It does seem intermittent. It can reset / go away after turning off the vehicle and back on, but then it comes back.

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm at 2200 miles and had this crop up over the weekend. Currently I'm sitting in the dealer hoping it's a quick fix. In a way I'm happy to see I'm not alone in this and this isn't electrical issues coming up from taking the Bronco Swimming a month ago.
Ford Bronco Sta bar disconnect failure 20220423_103748
Sponsored