broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw 2 of these failure on Facebook. Anyone here got that issue? When reserving a Badlands I wondered about the reliability of the sta bar. Sad to see multiple people already having issues with it.

Ford Bronco Sta bar disconnect failure 308476CB-8817-4270-9678-3CB0FB2618F7
Sponsored

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iv seen someone post about it in here recently, so yea. Just don't know who it was

atxbronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch/Soft-top)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I have a Sta-Bar problem too but mine is still connected. Original thread link is here. Image of my warning message below.

Dealer diagnosed problem as defective Chassis Control Module. Ford Customer Advocacy got involved to escalate repair. Identified part is not available and I've been told it will take 2-3 months to get the part. Vehicle has been in this broken state since August.

Ford Bronco Sta bar disconnect failure IMG_4619

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. I have a Sta-Bar problem too but mine is still connected. Original thread link is here. Image of my warning message below.

Dealer diagnosed problem as defective Chassis Control Module. Ford Customer Advocacy got involved to escalate repair. Identified part is not available and I've been told it will take 2-3 months to get the part. Vehicle has been in this broken state since August.

Sorry to hear
Are you able to drive normally in the meantime?

atxbronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch/Soft-top)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove it to the dealership with no issues. Hoping to get it back while we wait for the part but Service Department wanted to speak with Ford again before releasing the vehicle back to me.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It shows off B/O status as 12/30/21. One backordered and they are working with supplier on shipment, that was of 9/29/21. I see why they are saying 2-3 months but based on that date it will likely be much sooner unless there really is an issue.

BroncoBuddy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw 2 of these failure on Facebook. Anyone here got that issue? When reserving a Badlands I wondered about the reliability of the sta bar. Sad to see multiple people already having issues with it.

Received similar message after less than 200 miles on the odometer. First message was.
Ford Bronco Sta bar disconnect failure 1635369314099

Restarted the car and it went away. Next day this message came up…
Ford Bronco Sta bar disconnect failure 1635369376421

Drove slowly to the dealer and now it is their hands.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonder if there's an easy way to tell if the bar is actually disconnected or it's just a sensor. Because if it's still connected then it should be safe to drive.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wonder if there's an easy way to tell if the bar is actually disconnected or it's just a sensor. Because if it's still connected then it should be safe to drive.
Perch it on a rock and look underneath. :p

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a corner above the posted speed. If you end up rolled over in the ditch, then your sway bar was probably disconnected.
Ford Bronco Sta bar disconnect failure 1635432673644

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Received similar message after less than 200 miles on the odometer. First message was.

Restarted the car and it went away. Next day this message came up…

Drove slowly to the dealer and now it is their hands.
Did ford fix your truck, and if so do you know what they replaced? I’m having the same issue and my dealer has started a TSR. The engineer doing the request seems stumped. I have got the warning 8 times now, but it doesn’t store the code for them to look up the issue.

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seriously with the electrical (and all other) issues. I realize this is first model year but this rig is supposed to handle the worst possible off-road conditions so it's getting pathetic. Test drove a Badlands stick and the parking brake light would not turn off...despite setting and releasing the brake 10x, turning the vehicle on/off 3x, and pointing out to two different salesman. Final conclusion was "Oh well, take it out anyway and we'll look at it later." Not sure if they did but it sold a few days later @ $10K over MSRP.

BroncoBuddy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did ford fix your truck, and if so do you know what they replaced? I’m having the same issue and my dealer has started a TSR. The engineer doing the request seems stumped. I have got the warning 8 times now, but it doesn’t store the code for them to look up the issue.
Iv seen someone post about it in here recently, so yea. Just don't know who it was
My dealer said they consulted with Ford and they think that replacing the control
module will fix things. The sta bar warning is on constantly. Even though the warning says not to drive it over 20 mph, the dealer told us it was okay to drive. So the part has been on order for a couple weeks but there is no conclusion…

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Take a corner above the posted speed. If you end up rolled over in the ditch, then your sway bar was probably disconnected.
Seriously?? And this is helpful, how??
Sponsored