Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 1958 Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my old cars, I have become used to having my sunglasses up in the overhead holder. If you have the switches, you don't have a place for your shades. The solution of keeping them in the center console did not work for me and I hate visor clips.

Simple idea:
  1. Find a sunglass case that would look good in your Bronco.
  2. Make sure the case has a flat back and a hinged lid that opens up and leaves the front open.
  3. Stick on above the visors with Alien Tape.
Viola! Solution came out so nice my wife asked for reciprocity for the passenger's seat :cool:

Ford Bronco Sunglasses Solution IMG_0188

Ford Bronco Sunglasses Solution IMG_0189

Ford Bronco Sunglasses Solution IMG_0191
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great idea! Do you have a link to that holder? I don't know Alien Tape, would probably just use 3M Automotive tape I have around. Looks slick!

OP
OP
Kluch

Kluch

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great idea! Do you have a link to that holder? I don't know Alien Tape, would probably just use 3M Automotive tape I have around. Looks slick!
No link for the holders. Bought them locally from a small shop.

The tape is that "As seen on TV" stuff. Never used it before and decided to give it a try because supposed to be non-destructive. Had them up for 2 weeks now and have held great. You can buy it at Home Depot.

OP
OP
Kluch

Kluch

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this level of simple engineering. Don't drill. Don't buy a rail and a clamp and a ball and an arm and a widget. Find a good spot and spend 10 bucks and 10 minutes. Bravo.
For me, I'm a stickler for aesthetics so I WILL buy the rail and a clamp and a ball and an arm and a widget! Believe me, I looked for something to buy. But I didn't find them and then just came up with this. I really think it looks good. Oakley makes cases that would really fit the looks of the bronco but they are not flat on back and open with zippers so don't really work well for this solution.

Sponsored

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, I'm a stickler for aesthetics so I WILL buy the rail and a clamp and a ball and an arm and a widget! Believe me, I looked for something to buy. But I didn't find them and then just came up with this. I really think it looks good. Oakley makes cases that would really fit the looks of the bronco but they are not flat on back and open with zippers so don't really work well for this solution.
Trust me I was talking to myself there too. I bought the AR BYOD rail ASAP.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good thinking and thanks for sharing. I'm not a fan of visor clips either but I've been happy with this one. I think it works because we can mount them above the visor.

Screenshot_20220223-204541.png

PXL_20220224_032151419.jpg

LINYBronco21

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Raptor: '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From my old cars, I have become used to having my sunglasses up in the overhead holder. If you have the switches, you don't have a place for your shades. The solution of keeping them in the center console did not work for me and I hate visor clips.

Simple idea:
  1. Find a sunglass case that would look good in your Bronco.
  2. Make sure the case has a flat back and a hinged lid that opens up and leaves the front open.
  3. Stick on above the visors with Alien Tape.
Viola! Solution came out so nice my wife asked for reciprocity for the passenger's seat :cool:

Ford Bronco Sunglasses Solution PXL_20220224_032151419

I did the EXACT same thing... Couldn't be happier with the results and so simple.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if this GPCA Utility Case will work like the picture on their site for the Bronco?

https://www.gpca.us/shop/gpca-utility-case/
I've been using that case for my sunglasses (Maui Jim aviator style, for reference) , and stuffing it into the door net pocket. Recently I noticed the net coming apart at the bottom, so I need another spot to hold it.

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been using that case for my sunglasses (Maui Jim aviator style, for reference) , and stuffing it into the door net pocket. Recently I noticed the net coming apart at the bottom, so I need another spot to hold it.
I was more asking if it could be placed like the one in that picture on the Jeep.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

3M auto tape (and similar for repairing phones and laptop screens) might be too permanent and "leave a mark" might be better to use the 3m Command Strips for rough surfaces

Otherwise I like the idea, my sunglasses for now reside in one of the cup holders when using the phone charger, otherwise in the phone charger tray or center console

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These, found on Ebay and Amazon, may work with Mountains2Metal Molle door pocket or other molle console ideas. Although I like the idea of not having to zip and unzip with the OPs metod.
Ebay - Tactical
Amazon - Tactical
Sponsored

Last edited: