Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I appreciate your point of view, the #1 reason I ordered this bumper from @BAMF was based on their claims of being able to mount a winch while retaining the factory parking sensor, ACC, and camera functionality.

So IMO the bumper and hardware actually needs to do those things. @BAMF needs to be held accountable if their product installed following their instructions doesn't deliver the promised functionality.

If I wanted an unusable ACC I could have went with the Ford warranteed solution to mounting a winch.
That’s definitely a fair point of view.
Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice halibut ,they have been scoring them under the east span bb 🐟👍

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the ACC mounting hardware, it was meant to be included but by mistake left out.

IMG_6651.jpeg

I mounted it on the right side since I already had the wire there. Push it back to be flush with the frame, helping to keep it straight and not point to the side. You can adjust the rotation top to bottom.

67523128097__A309CEF0-68FB-459D-B658-536EEB1D18FB.jpeg

You need to pop the plastic sleeves out

IMG_6654.jpeg

Then replace the sleeve with the small washer.

IMG_6655.jpeg

It also fit well in the opening I made on the radiator shutter.

IMG_6666.jpeg
The car wouldn't let me use the ACC sensor when it was behind the radiator shutter, so I had to remove some of the blades.

Remove the entire assembly from the car. Looking from the back, remove this holding backing by gently prying these tabs out. They're pretty brittle since this wasn't really designed to be handled by the customer.

IMG_6622.jpeg

Now just pop the blades out using a screw driver to pry them.

IMG_6625.jpeg

The top few will all come out together, which you likely noticed in my previous postings.

IMG_6623.jpeg

This is not installed in the correct location. The ACC sensor with our bracket is mounted behind the R in the grille. you do not need to remove any of the shutters. we have not had a single issue with the sensor acting odd or not working in the location we install it at.

Move it over to the passenger side and it will resolve your issues.
Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker ACC35

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not installed in the correct location. The ACC sensor with our bracket is mounted behind the R in the grille. you do not need to remove any of the shutters. we have not had a single issue with the sensor acting odd or not working in the location we install it at.

Move it over to the passenger side and it will resolve your issues.
Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker ACC35
Any idea why it would work differently on that side? Seems the dielectric constant of the R shouldn't be much different than the C on the other side.

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea why it would work differently on that side? Seems the dielectric constant of the R shouldn't be much different than the C on the other side.
The location you have it at was never tested so I couldn't tell you what's going on other than you have it installed in the wrong location. it's not just what's in front of it the angle/aim plays a factor where you have could not be aimed properly.
The bracket is installed without permeant modification no shutters need to be removed it just needs to be installed in the correct location to function properly.
If you install it in the correct location your issues should go away.

Sponsored

cburke996

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Firebird, E39 M5, Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stumbled across your build thread, and realized (pretty sure anyway) I saw you a week or so ago. I was gawking at your rig from my red Bimmer 😂 Looks great!
Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker 1664297606788

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stumbled across your build thread, and realized (pretty sure anyway) I saw you a week or so ago. I was gawking at your rig from my red Bimmer 😂 Looks great!
Ford Bronco Sunny B: Build Tracker 1664297606788
Oh wow nice detective work haha. Looks like we have similar taste?

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever sort out the ACC problems?

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever sort out the ACC problems?
No, the sensor either says it's blocked, or it's seeing cars in both adjacent lanes. Moving it to the other side (as recommended by the factory) wouldn't fix the total failure or the extended angular range. I also don't really want to drill more holes, and this particular installation was rough so I threw in the towel for a bit haha. I will say the bumper is sturdy, and works great with the winch.

I have a few more tests I want to run to pinpoint the issue, but I've been too busy with life. Hopefully soon! Just got out today for the first time in a while.

0F01DE05-63C0-46D8-9D43-263F9CC6A512_1_105_c.jpeg

Sponsored

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you drop the grate the middle sensors are attached to to get to the bumper mounting bolts? We have some zip ties on it atm and the plan is to push it out of the way to mount the bumper then use the zip ties to maneuver back into position after everything is on.
The instructions are pretty lacking on a lot of this. Like I had to read your build log to see that you cut the parking sensor harness to get it to reach. I didn't do that tonight, instead we mounted the sensor mounts on the light mounts for now since I have no bumper lights.
A build video would have been nice but I can't find anything.

OP
OP
WhiteTrash

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you drop the grate the middle sensors are attached to to get to the bumper mounting bolts? We have some zip ties on it atm and the plan is to push it out of the way to mount the bumper then use the zip ties to maneuver back into position after everything is on.
The instructions are pretty lacking on a lot of this. Like I had to read your build log to see that you cut the parking sensor harness to get it to reach. I didn't do that tonight, instead we mounted the sensor mounts on t
Sorry I don't recall exactly what was there, I do recall cutting lots of little pieces of stuff out of the wiring harness. If you send a pic I may recognize something.
Sponsored