bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just installed the Sunrider for 4 door and it went right in. No problems. However, I can’t pull it closed. I called Bestop and they suggested the twill just needs to stretch and she said it could take the full weight of two people. That seems crazy. The plastic looks like it’s bending just from my weight and I can’t get it to budge after it gets just past half way. It doesn’t even look like the twill is holding it back.

Anyone experienced this?
Sponsored

dmenace

Wildtrak
First Name
DMENACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/ MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just installed the Sunrider for 4 door and it went right in. No problems. However, I can’t pull it closed. I called Bestop and they suggested the twill just needs to stretch and she said it could take the full weight of two people. That seems crazy. The plastic looks like it’s bending just from my weight and I can’t get it to budge after it gets just past half way. It doesn’t even look like the twill is holding it back.

Anyone experienced this?
Hi, did you figure out what the issue was on closing your top?

OP
OP
bb7bb7

bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did! I had the very first step wrong. Can explain if you’re having a similar problem.

MikeD

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did! I had the very first step wrong. Can explain if you’re having a similar problem.
Lol, we did the same thing. What Do you think of the wind noise with it closed? I find it extremely loud.

OP
OP
bb7bb7

bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s crazy loud, but I guess I decided it’s worth it. I live in Southern CA so I have it down 90% of the time. I’m making my first more than an hour drive in a few weeks…that has potential to drive me nuts, but we’ll see.

Sponsored

Mmjordy

Badlands
First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed and mine won’t close either. Can you please help? What am I doing wrong

Mmjordy

Badlands
First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
bb7bb7

bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For me, it was the very first step of attaching the plastic brackets. They in at least two different ways. You may lined them up in a way that seems right but is not. That fixed the whole problem for me.

PaulM

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the post. I could not figure out why my new top would not close. I thought it might have been a manufacturing error.
Sponsored