First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately time to post your info on this thread ... 2.7 Blown Engine Fail List

Just follow the instructions. Make sure to snap a pic of the engine label, and most importantly follow the instructions under post #1 and report this to the NHTSA under engine failure. Ford needs to recall the affected Broncos and only people who have had this happen can do this! No need to read all 226 pages of posts, just read #1 and post your own data at the end and send report to NHTSA.

And I'm sorry to hear about your blown engine. I'm driving 8 hrs. to Off-Rodeo Vegas next week through the middle of nowhere with a 2.7 that has three Broncos built the same day already on the blown engine list. After Off-Rodeo I'll be doing another 6 hr. haul, followed by a 2 hr. drive, and finished with another 6 hour haul back home for a total of 22 hrs. driving in a week! Wish me luck!
Not sure but I don't think he said his engine is blown... just would not start.... just saying
Sponsored

OP
OP

JA87

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did you take delivery of your bronco not sure what month your engine date translates too but 21306 I would think would put you in the clear can someone chime in my engine was built Nov 15 and so far have have yet to see any Nov

date engines have trouble seen 1 October on the list though
December 7

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure but I don't think he said his engine is blown... just would not start.... just saying
Description is exactly like everyone else who had a blown engine unfortunately. Hopefully it is not but the description matches it to a T. It's been noted there are a few outliers within that date range. Time and the dealership will tell.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that’s what has been reported when the 2.7 has dropped a valve- turns over but won’t run. Whether it is or not, he’ll find out soon once the dealer digs into it.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ll pray and cross our fingers it’s not a blown motor though!

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it's just the fuse box or loose ground wire.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty easy to diagnose a fuel pump, doesn't look like they know what they are doing.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engine not blown. They believe the Fuel pump is bad and they also are replacing a fuel module. That’s the latest. No more word til they get the parts Monday.
Are they giving you a hard time for offroading it suggesting it may not be covered by warranty?

OP
OP

JA87

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are they giving you a hard time for offroading it suggesting it may not be covered by warranty?
No I think that would only be an issue if I damaged it on something off road just like if you crashed it on road. I could tell they just want to get me rolling again

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Engine not blown. They believe the Fuel pump is bad and they also are replacing a fuel module. That’s the latest. No more word til they get the parts Monday.
It think Julian date translates to November 2, 2021, I believe that should be in the clear. Glad to hear it is probably just the fuel pump.