First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the build date of your broncos? Wonder if a bad batch of gateways came through.

No idea what accessories have to do with the gateway. They should all be powered of battery and separate switches, even if the aux uplifter ones are used.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Woods Bronco

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrac
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What's the build date of your broncos? Wonder if a bad batch of gateways came through.

No idea what accessories have to do with the gateway. They should all be powered of battery and separate switches, even if the aux uplifter ones are

No idea what accessories have to do with the gateway. They should all be powered of battery and separate switches, even if the aux uplifter ones are used.
my build date was December 7th, 2021. Picked it up this morning.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ugh, this is what scares me about the Bronco and modern technology. Have to call or have it towed to the dealer for issues like this.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ugh, this is what scares me about the Bronco and modern technology. Have to call or have it towed to the dealer for issues like this.
I don't see how the Bronco is more technologically advanced than any other modern vehicle. Even other vehicles in the Ford lineup have had a similar or exactly the same powertrain like the F150 and the Ranger for years.
This doesn't look like an issue with technology but with quality control in the manufacturing and assembly process.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what the hell is a Gateway Module?

NM. Geez, these are cheap enough to carry a spare!

Last edited:

ALCO44

Raptor
First Name
ALLEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I Had the same issue stopped at a irrigation supply store and came out and tried to start it and it was dead.
I remembered that in the bottom of the center console there is a slot that fits your key fob, dropped my fob there and it started right up and no problem sense.
I Think Ford downloaded an update and is causing these problems. My auto start/stop which I turned off with For-scan is now disabled as well.

OP
OP
Woods Bronco

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I Had the same issue stopped at a irrigation supply store and came out and tried to start it and it was dead.
I remembered that in the bottom of the center console there is a slot that fits your key fob, dropped my fob there and it started right up and no problem sense.
I Think Ford downloaded an update and is causing these problems. My auto start/stop which I turned off with For-scan is now disabled as well.
So you came out of the store and you had no power, no screens or anything and when you put the key fob in the center console section it just restarted and everything else worked fine then? That is very strange.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't see how the Bronco is more technologically advanced than any other modern vehicle. Even other vehicles in the Ford lineup have had a similar or exactly the same powertrain like the F150 and the Ranger for years.
This doesn't look like an issue with technology but with quality control in the manufacturing and assembly process.
I am comparing it to my 87 Chevy Squarebody 4 X 4 truck- 5.7L, 4 speed manual, manual windows, no AC. The Bronco is way more complex.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what the hell is a Gateway Module?

NM. Geez, these are cheap enough to carry a spare!
It’s the central module that translates all CAN messages, which is why it’s called a gateway. So if it goes down, so does every other module.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

my build date was December 7th, 2021. Picked it up this morning.
Wait what? Your rig was built in December of 2021 and you didn't get it until late October of 2022?

Holy Batman!

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Dead Bronco. Won’t start and no lights. IMG_2202 (1)
Just had the same exact issue with my 2022. No power whatsoever to the vehicle. I went to jump the battery but tested it first and it showed 12.8V so I figured jumping wasn't necessary. Saw elsewhere that people had disconnected the battery, waited a few minutes, then reconnected it. I did that and after some sparks from the fusebox area the Bronco came back to life!

My mechanically inclined daughter then came to check out the sparks and found a nut lying loose in the fusebox. There was a bolt without a nut right there that held some electrical transfer bars together. Seems like the assembly of that area wasn't quite completed. So we installed the nut and no more sparks and the power has been stable ever since.

This Bronco was built on 9/16/22 and also has some interior trim panels not fully installed so maybe it was a bad day for QA.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dead Bronco. Won’t start and no lights. IMG_2202 (1)
Just had the same exact issue with my 2022. No power whatsoever to the vehicle. I went to jump the battery but tested it first and it showed 12.8V so I figured jumping wasn't necessary. Saw elsewhere that people had disconnected the battery, waited a few minutes, then reconnected it. I did that and after some sparks from the fusebox area the Bronco came back to life!

My mechanically inclined daughter then came to check out the sparks and found a nut lying loose in the fusebox. There was a bolt without a nut right there that held some electrical transfer bars together. Seems like the assembly of that area wasn't quite completed. So we installed the nut and no more sparks and the power has been stable ever since.

This Bronco was built on 9/16/22 and also has some interior trim panels not fully installed so maybe it was a bad day for QA.
Yeah this is a known issue. There is that spot, the additional bolts you see in the picture, and there are I believe three connectors under the fuse box that have been known to not be securely attached.

I think over 50% of the Bronco electrical issues come from that fuse box and all the loose connections.

OP
OP
Woods Bronco

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wait what? Your rig was built in December of 2021 and you didn't get it until late October of 2022?

Holy Batman!
No. I’ve had it since January 2022

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This happened on my FIL Ranger. The tow truck driver used the key to shift between the gears then back into park. It started right up, he said that the neutral safety start switch sometimes gets stuck. Might be worth checking?!?
Sponsored