First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 22 big bend with the standard bumper and recently bought the capable bumper. Wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations on the difficulty of the swap. Also the capable bumper has the holes for the sensors. I have the mid package with the sensors on the rear bumper is there anyway to get front sensors that will work?
Sponsored

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I definitely recommend two sets of hands for this swap over. There are specific sensor retainers you’ll need for the steel bumpers, since the standard bumpers use a completely different shape. I had to use the VIN stamped on the takeoff Capable bumper I purchased to find those parts in various service dept. databases. The hardest part for me was getting one of the mounting holes to line up on the front, there’s a metal plate that is loose I had to hold in place while someone else tightened the bumper down. You’ll also want to leave your plastic skid plate alone unless you’re swapping that out for something else.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You need to cut off your front two hooks as well or get the correct intercooler mounts. Like what was said above, you'll need to order some sensor mounts so that the existing sensors will stay in place when you swap them over

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't even think about buying 4 new sensors for that front bumper. Just leave plastic plugs there or leave the open holes. You would be spending $500 for the 4 sensors (1 of the types is on backorder) and plastic brackets (inners are different than the outers) as well as a wire harness ($$) then try and plug them into what exactly??
Sponsored