Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all. My 2022 Big Bend Bronco came with after market 35 in tires when i bought it about a month ago. The Bronco shakes like hell when I get up to 65 mph.

A buddy of mine suggested picking up some cheap takeoffs for trips and such, so I found some and I'm putting them on today.

I was also told that the smaller tires will do better in the snow anyway, and being in Wisconsin, that is a consideration. Salt causing damage to the larger rims is a concern as well. I'm still pretty green with big trucks in general. Almost always drove small cars exclusively before.

So just looking for some feedback on if I'm making a mistake going back to the smaller OEM tires for the winter or not. I plan to go back to the bigger 35s in the Spring, and plan to get them road balanced then to hopefully eliminate the shake in the future.

Do i need to worry about causing damage switching back and forth between tire sizes? Should I stick to one size in the future?

20231002_124108.jpg
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You shouldn't be shaking at 65mph...need to get them balanced properly.

A more narrow tire will most likely perform better in snowy road conditions assuming an all-terrain tread pattern. Switching between tire sizes won't be an issue other than your speedo being off.

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also have alignment checked by a reputable 4x4 shop or your local ford Dealer. Prev owner may have added spacer lift………..alignment is a good idea when making any suspension changes. Good price of mind. Tires are expensive.