Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are getting a non-Sas Badlands, and when it arrives, are looking to get a set of stud-less winter tires for the little bit of bad weather we get here in the PNW. We live on a pretty steep hill that stays icy when it gets icy, and also plan on traveling to Montana at Christmas. My preferred local tire shop can only get a tire I haven't heard of in stock size, but I would prefer Blizzaks, or Nokians. They are willing to install tires from Tire Rack, and I was able to find Blizzaks in size 275-70/18, which are half an inch taller. I'm assuming this is not a big enough difference to cause any issues? Tire shop didn't seem to think so, but checking with all of you. TIA.
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'll be perfectly fine.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are getting a non-Sas Badlands, and when it arrives, are looking to get a set of stud-less winter tires for the little bit of bad weather we get here in the PNW. We live on a pretty steep hill that stays icy when it gets icy, and also plan on traveling to Montana at Christmas. My preferred local tire shop can only get a tire I haven't heard of in stock size, but I would prefer Blizzaks, or Nokians. They are willing to install tires from Tire Rack, and I was able to find Blizzaks in size 275-70/18, which are half an inch taller. I'm assuming this is not a big enough difference to cause any issues? Tire shop didn't seem to think so, but checking with all of you. TIA.
Firstly, confirm you have the correct tire size if using the stock wheels. Non-Sas BL are 17"...you state your new tires are 18".

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Firstly, confirm you have the correct tire size if using the stock wheels. Non-Sas BL are 17"...you state your new tires are 18".
Good catch

OP
OP
Arrmjr

Arrmjr

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plan on buying black steelies to fit winter tires. Should have posted that in original question. Thanks.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Plan on buying black steelies to fit winter tires. Should have posted that in original question. Thanks.
Where are you getting the steelies from?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The tire shop will source them for me.
You could probably find some Black Diamond take-offs on here pretty cheap, and run some 17” snow tires… 💁🏻‍♂️
Sponsored