First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paul, are you still having this problem?

My 12” screen is not working because my SYNC 4 APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is dead. Unfortunately, the part is backordered nationally, so a bunch of other owners besides me are awaiting this module. (Mine has been out for a month and a half.)

The reason I ask is because my vehicle history report listed a bunch of attempted OTA updates that were all unsuccessful right about the time that my 12” screen went out. I suspect one of the failed OTA updates bricked the APIM, but I don’t know for sure.
I have not had this happen again. I am pretty sure that it was cause by the update though.
Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Paul, are you still having this problem?

My 12” screen is not working because my SYNC 4 APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is dead. Unfortunately, the part is backordered nationally, so a bunch of other owners besides me are awaiting this module. (Mine has been out for a month and a half.)

The reason I ask is because my vehicle history report listed a bunch of attempted OTA updates that were all unsuccessful right about the time that my 12” screen went out. I suspect one of the failed OTA updates bricked the APIM, but I don’t know for sure.
I think people need to start understanding that the part is NOT on backorder. The part is available. Ford has NOT updated its software to send to the APIM manufacturer. We are actually waiting on Ford for the software, not the part itself.

Last edited:

Ajs21000

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2022 Badlands and have same issue with a black screen. It happens about once out of every 4 startups where I have to do a manual re-boot of the system. My dealer has been trying to get the part for months. Tried calling ford a couple of times, but last call was absolutely no help. $54K+ and I can’t get a replacement part in 7+ months. That’s just wrong. Oh yeah- to those that say cameras aren’t a safety issue…. why do you think all SUV’s now have cameras? It’s not for going off-road and hitting the trails, it’s for backing up out of our driveways and not hitting a kid on a bike. It is a safety issue.

Ajs21000

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2022 Badlands and have same issue with a black screen. It happens about once out of every 4 startups where I have to do a manual re-boot of the system. My dealer has been trying to get the part for months. Tried calling ford a couple of times, but last call was absolutely no help. $54K+ and I can’t get a replacement part in 7+ months. That’s just wrong. Oh yeah- to those that say cameras aren’t a safety issue…. why do you think all SUV’s now have cameras? It’s not for going off-road and hitting the trails, it’s for backing up out of our driveways and not hitting a kid on a bike. It is a safety issue.
@Ford Motor Company - please help!

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My screen in my 2021 bronco went to black and Bluetooth, radio , and the rear view camera ceased working. The rear view camera was on but wouldn’ display on the black screen. I pulled the synch fuse which is #46. I held it out for 2 minutes and then reinserted the fuse. All of the functions came back. I assume that removing the fuse reset the synch. A lot easier than disconnecting the power cables.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Something similar happened to mine.

However, first the driver aids went out. Then the next morning the radio HU screen went black and later that morning the dash itself went black. I was several hundred miles from home so it was an annoying drive home. A week or so later when the dealership could see it, they said it just needed a software update and that a wire to the rear parking aids had been worn through. Hasn't happened since at least. 🤷‍♂️

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, the part about the vehicle being unsafe to drive without cameras. it’s still got mirrors ya know.
You didn't hear? They updated the 2024 bronco's with a package where you only drive with cameras. All the windows are completely covered and a digital screen covers the front windshield so you can see all around you using the cameras to display everything in front of you . It's freaking wild. Kinda like below.

Ford Bronco Sync 4 screen is black 1696980030737

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine went black tonight, just driving along. BT and music kept playing... Next restart all was as usual.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My screen in my 2021 bronco went to black and Bluetooth, radio , and the rear view camera ceased working. The rear view camera was on but wouldn’ display on the black screen. I pulled the synch fuse which is #46. I held it out for 2 minutes and then reinserted the fuse. All of the functions came back. I assume that removing the fuse reset the synch. A lot easier than disconnecting the power cables.
Had same problem and this fix just worked for me. Thank you so much.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where is this fuse? I'm having the same issue and can't locate it on the interior nor the engine bay.
Sponsored