Sponsored

Sync screen lockout, and no youtube while parked (games work). A bit ridiculous?

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Am i the only one that finds it a bit odd that when you use the touch screen for a few seconds it "safety locks" you out of using the screen with a countdown bar, causing you to watch the screen waiting for it to be done so you can continue on? This literally adds time to the total time I am using the screen, which is more dangerous. Is there a way to turn this off?

Secondly, Is there a reason that I can play terrible games on the screen while parked but not watch a youtube video with android auto? Is there a bypass?
Sponsored

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am having a tough time watching a YouTube video while parked with Apple car play also. I’m just trying to watch it on my phone and have the audio through my speakers.

OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am having a tough time watching a YouTube video while parked with Apple car play also. I’m just trying to watch it on my phone and have the audio through my speakers.
Yeah, would be nice to be able to sit and eat watching the screen rather than trying to prop my phone up a couple feet from my face. Just odd that I can play games but not use an actual google service?

Also seems that youtube vids are a bit delayed in audio going through the speaker.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I typically listen to YouTube videos (don't @ me, the visuals aren't relevant for a lot of things) through Android auto in my GC while driving. Does sync not allow that?
Sponsored