Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone seen anything like this? Mine Sync updates been stuck like this for a few weeks now. I figure it may just be Ford doing their slow rollout thing but it looks odd, and coupled with the fact that the Ford Pass App has never registered an update makes me curious.

I do have auto updates enabled and have since I purchased this.

I thought there was a Ford website similar to the Ford Pass app you could go check Sync status but can’t remember where.

IMG_1856.jpeg

IMG_1855.jpeg

IMG_1854.jpeg
Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone seen anything like this? Mine Sync updates been stuck like this for a few weeks now. I figure it may just be Ford doing their slow rollout thing but it looks odd, and coupled with the fact that the Ford Pass App has never registered an update makes me curious.

I do have auto updates enabled and have since I purchased this.

I thought there was a Ford website similar to the Ford Pass app you could go check Sync status but can’t remember where.

Ford Bronco Sync update issues IMG_1854

A lot of the issues with updates not completing properly have to do with low SOC of the battery. There is a specific procedure to make sure it is set up for auto updates. I think if you drive it within an hour of the update it will not work. I can't remember the exact pre-requisites. You could take it in to a dealer and have them do the update if it is still under warranty without any cost to you. You may be able to do it with Forscan as well.

OP
OP
Brian_B

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A lot of the issues with updates not completing properly have to do with low SOC of the battery.
Good idea, I drive it almost every day, and they are rarely short trips. But it wouldn't hurt to put it on a charger overnight and let it sit and see if that helps anything out.

As far as the dealer - yeah it's still under warranty but I'm leery of going to my dealer for anything that isn't strictly needed.

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The update stuff is so crazy to me. There should be an interface to request the update assuming all the required conditions are met. I haven't gotten one in over a year and don't feel like going to a dealership for it either.

OP
OP
Brian_B

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ah I found the website - it's just Ford.com, log into your account there.

https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle-dashboard/?gnav=header-account

Curious. I caught these screen captures. Then after clicking around for a while to see if I could find if it showed what Sync version was installed, it went from 7 actions (Discover, Recalls, Software, Fordpass, Manual, VHR, Connected Services) to 6, and software updates section disappeared entirely.

Ford Bronco Sync update issues 1709746057997

Ford Bronco Sync update issues 1709746040495

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brian_B

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The update stuff is so crazy to me. There should be an interface to request the update assuming all the required conditions are met. I haven't gotten one in over a year and don't feel like going to a dealership for it either.
Yeah. I would be all for updates if they would fix crap - like the annoying HVAC or the fact that the startup animation can't even play properly, and that's really the only reason I left auto-updates on.

If an update were posted like that, I might be tempted to go out and talk to my dealer about it. Here, I was just curious since Sync reported "Not Completed" on an update, but everything else seems good to go. I don't feel that I am missing out because I don't have the update for the onboard Wifi hotspot or anything. Yeah, don't care to go to a dealer over that.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with Ford and they told me something has happened to block their OTA connectivity and I'll have to take it in to the dealer. This stinks. I can't afford to be without my daily driver and no one has service vehicles anymore. Last time I took it in I had an appointment and it turned out that was only for check-in. It would be several days before they even put a technician on it.

This is unacceptable. It's one thing to have stuff like this on a phone or computer, but a CAR?!?!!?!?! Even at work, I have a help desk I can take my computer up to and get it up and running right away. They should have a quick-care counter for technicians to fix OTA issues if they're going to rely exclusively on OTA for things like this.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with Ford and they told me something has happened to block their OTA connectivity and I'll have to take it in to the dealer. This stinks. I can't afford to be without my daily driver and no one has service vehicles anymore. Last time I took it in I had an appointment and it turned out that was only for check-in. It would be several days before they even put a technician on it.

This is unacceptable. It's one thing to have stuff like this on a phone or computer, but a CAR?!?!!?!?! Even at work, I have a help desk I can take my computer up to and get it up and running right away. They should have a quick-care counter for technicians to fix OTA issues if they're going to rely exclusively on OTA for things like this.
I still love my Bronco but I'm really starting to despise FORD!

So I finally got great help from the OTA team and after an hour or so they put me on a 3 way call with Ford customer experience and a dealer they found in my area - they confirmed that any loss of contact with the vehicle would be a warranty item and transportation would be provided - they even pre-arranged the appointment and confirmed they would either pay for a rental or a loaner. Buttttt.......

When I showed up for my appointment, they said they had no loaners and I was on my own for rental - IF it turned out it wasn't excluded from warranty protection, they would reimburse rental but they couldn't tell me the terms of the rental reimbursement. So, I ended up having to leave. I called customer experience again and they told me the extended warranty should cover it in any event but I'd have to contact the warranty company to figure out those terms. Since I bought from an out of town Berkshire Hathaway dealer, they sold me their own MPP plan. It also doesn't cover non-warranty repairs.

So,.... I'm curious if anyone has had issues like this and had them deny warranty due to FORSCAN use.
Sponsored