First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've been having issues with my Sync screen going black. I've tried disconnecting the battery, a master reset (when the screen came back to life recently) as well as holding down the two buttons (power and foward) to do a reset. When the screen happened to turn back on last night, there was a message about a software update that couldn't be completed. That's when I did the master reset. After re-programming saved radio stations, etc., it seemed to work. Today, it was black again. Any ideas on what can be wrong, or another way to reset it? Today, I tried keeping the battery disconnected for over 30 minutes, but that didn't help.
Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d suggest Aux 4 🤣.

You’ll find plenty of discord and similar issues around the forum here, and I’ve had to reset once myself, but yours sounds to be acting more severely than others. good luck
Ford Bronco Sync 4 Issues? 5210DD27-9E50-451F-8B7F-3DF3D1ADFF84

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've been having issues with my Sync screen going black. I've tried disconnecting the battery, a master reset (when the screen came back to life recently) as well as holding down the two buttons (power and foward) to do a reset. When the screen happened to turn back on last night, there was a message about a software update that couldn't be completed. That's when I did the master reset. After re-programming saved radio stations, etc., it seemed to work. Today, it was black again. Any ideas on what can be wrong, or another way to reset it? Today, I tried keeping the battery disconnected for over 30 minutes, but that didn't help.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I'd like to look into your Bronco's Sync issue.

OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I'd like to look into your Bronco's Sync issue.
Thank you! I sent a message to you and look forward to your reply!

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My screen went black last night with the same or similar issue. It was normal after shutting down and turning back on. I will have to see if it occurs again.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My screen went black last night with the same or similar issue. It was normal after shutting down and turning back on. I will have to see if it occurs again.
Hi there. This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a message to us with your VIN and dealership info. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hope you all get some good answers. Mine hasnt gone black but all the controls were unresponsive yesterday when I started it. Home screen came up, but couldn't do anything. Then I turned off the Bronco, started back up. The Phone and Radio boxes were still up, and the Bronco loading screen was loading behind those boxes where the nav display would be. Then the nav appeared and was just trying to load. stayed that way until I got to work and was fine later that day after work when restarted.
Sponsored