First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had my tailgate replaced as it had a persistent metal rattle / pop / click. It’s been about 4k miles since it was replaced and the metallic rattle is back. Maddening! Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve had my tailgate replaced as it had a persistent metal rattle / pop / click. It’s been about 4k miles since it was replaced and the metallic rattle is back. Maddening! Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?
Have you tried a tailgate reinforcement? I put one on mine second week I had it. No issues like you describe.

OP
OP

Geo2

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried a tailgate reinforcement? I put one on mine second week I had it. No issues like you describe.
I haven’t yet…I may resort to that. I feel like this is a potential design flaw.

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had an issue with the moulding on the hardtop glass rubbing on the tailgate. It was so bad every bump I hit caused it to pop/squeek/rattle. I figured it out by examining the moulding. I could see discoloration where it rubbed. My solve was putting a self adhesive marine grade strip of moulding ( Home Depot ) along the tailgate where the two touch. Problem resolved. Hope this helps. I’ll add pics when I get home.

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tailgate reinforcement. I have RC. Easy install minus some user error. No creaks, pops, noises.

Don't hang a 90# tire on a 28# tailgate without it.

Technically, you should add the reinforcement BEFORE you get the problems, but that ship has sailed. Maybe 3rd tailgates a charm?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The fact that the Raptor comes with one stock should be all you need to know

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also have you checked your tail lights. Mine were not seated correctly and made terrible creaking noise. Dealer fixed. Should be able to wiggle them up and down with force to hear if they are the problem.

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t yet…I may resort to that. I feel like this is a potential design flaw.
I agree . I’m having mine replaced this week . I just got the phone call that my tailgate is ready . I have been listening to a rattle for a year . Ford doesn’t care . We shouldn’t have to reinforce the tailgate.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has 37s …..
I know, but it's not that much heavier than a 35.

I've had the tailgate off the bronco and was holding it in my left arm while i was reattaching it. It's light as a feather. I didn't notice anything that suggested internal reinforcement.
Even my 88 bronco didn't hang the spare on the tailgate, and it was sturdier. Yes, it had an internal window, but they used a swing away carrier for the spare. Something they should have done with the g6, either swing away or reinforcement from factory. Doing neither is asking for trouble. An issue they fixed with the Raptor

These things go bouncing around ands that weight is just hanging on thin aluminum.

Anyone that's had the tailgate off will probably tell you the same, there's nothing to it, get a reinforcement

Or don't, lol. You dont have to listen to me, but then im not the one going through tailgates.

What's the reason they are replacing the tailgate?

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone that's had the tailgate off will probably tell you the same, there's nothing to it
Seconded. If a weakling like me can single-handedly wrestle it back into position, that should say everything.
Sponsored