First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fan idea is great and has to happen. Without the windows down or top off, it gets pretty stagnant back there. I appreciate all the good info and the dog pics. Great to see so many pups experiencing the good things in life. I have the Pyr that loves getting out in the Bronco. I also have a 90lb lab mix (seems to get car sick and really anxious) and a foster 65 pounder that likes to go for rides but also likes to bite me (weā€™re working on that and making good progress šŸ˜œ). Iā€™d like to take them all but Iā€™m thinking only the Pyr would really enjoy it.
Thx again and keep the dog adventures coming!
Sponsored

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fan idea is great and has to happen. Without the windows down or top off, it gets pretty stagnant back there. I appreciate all the good info and the dog pics. Great to see so many pups experiencing the good things in life. I have the Pyr that loves getting out in the Bronco. I also have a 90lb lab mix (seems to get car sick and really anxious) and a foster 65 pounder that likes to go for rides but also likes to bite me (weā€™re working on that and making good progress šŸ˜œ). Iā€™d like to take them all but Iā€™m thinking only the Pyr would really enjoy it.
Thx again and keep the dog adventures coming!
Good lookin Pyr youā€™ve got there. Iā€™ve got a 124lb female but, she doesnā€™t ride the Bronco šŸ˜œ

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm planning on getting the Goose Gear rear seat delete for my 2-Door and ordering a custom crate from here when I get the exact dimensions. You can also order fans.

https://tnccrates.com/collections/accessories-1/products/9-prairie-logic-crate-fan

I'd also recommend Benadryl (check with your vet). Our 75lb shepard mix gets whiny along with a non-stop pant/drool on car rides (typically 4 hours to the mountains). The Benadryl gets rid of the whine.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am looking for some trail recommendations near Colorado Springs. We will be up there in October, the wife and dogs. Never been out that way. Not looking to do any wheeling or overnight. Just a good scenic place to get out for the day (6-8 hours or so). Something good for the dogs. Also not sure what the weather is like in October up at elevation?
Retired to NM after 32 years in CO, the last 17 at 9200' in Florissant (30 miles west of COS), and the best day trip would be to go to Woodland Park (about 15 miles west of COS) and check out some trail maps at the visitor center. Nice stream to walk along just off 67 North from WP, including the Mule Creek Trail, and check the weather report daily, could snow, could be 70!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My good boy, the runt of the liter Great Dane, doesn't much care to be in the Bronco. I am installing the hitch and getting a hitch carrier specifically so he has more room in the trunk. I like the fans idea.

clark.jpg
Aww we love that you're getting a hitch carrier for him, hopefully he loves it! Thank you for being a part of the Ford family. :)

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We have done many day trips with my 140 lb Dutch mix . On the 19th we a traveling to the Whipsaw trail over 2 days all offroad with my 17 yrs old daughter. it will be a full truck and we will be all be sleeping in the Bronco overnight. We will attempt to do a report and photos on how it works out.

20230326_150957.jpg

20220722_190334.jpg

575.jpg
Sounds like an awesome adventure Brian! Have fun! :)

danni'sgrl

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In the interim while waiting for those fans to come in... when my dog's with me, I turn off my left side vent and point the center vents up and toward the back and put the A/C on full blast. At the end of a 5 minute drive, when I reach in to grab the leash, it feels like an icebox in the back.

Just for reference I'm in the high desert and it's HOT here, and my front windows are tinted to match the back which may help my Bronco stay a bit cooler.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We travel with a Golden Retriever. Have been since she was a pup, and she is now 10. In the F-150 she rides behind the driver seat. Rear seats are up, her bed on the floor. She climbs in and lays there until she wants to get out. She gives me the paw when that is needed. In the Bronco she rides in the rear cargo area. I trailer the Bronco so the trips are shorter once we reach our destination. Took a 3 week trip to ID/MT last fall. 4 days out and 4 back. Make a lot of stops along the way. She and I are getting old and the stops are nice. We hit the road around 05:00, makes for a long day, a good thing, and plenty of time to stop and run around. As long as she gets to go she is in 7th heaven.

Trooper19

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like an awesome adventure Brian! Have fun! :)
Round trip about 650 kn , had a blast.
Trooper had fun chasing ground squerls.
The Bronco is a beast offroad, amazing in stock form, did better than my modified jeep did last time on the trail.

IMG_2385.jpg

received_2165474946989864.jpeg

image (2).png

image (5).png

image (4).png

image.png