Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Long time lurker, first thread. I know at this point there have been dozens of test drive reports/videos, and hundreds of pictures, so I'll keep it short. I test drove an auto-2.3, AMB Big Bend 4-dr demo today...

It was everything I was expecting and much more, and pulling out of the dealer lot my first thought was -"yeah, this was worth the wait".

Just some positive perspective for all of us who have been waiting to have one of these.

For all my North central PA compadres out there, it's at Independence Ford in Bloomsburg, PA. Even though my order is with another dealership, the salespeople were super great to talk to, and humble, he refers to us as "the forum guys who know more than we do" 😆
Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you provide us with any descriptions on the 2.3? Just switched from 2.7 and I need some good news in my life ;)

OP
OP
porjos

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you provide us with any descriptions on the 2.3? Just switched from 2.7 and I need some good news in my life ;)
Peppy!

I had tame expectations as I'm used to Ford's 2.7 and 3.5 engines. I was not disappointed at all, had both some town and highway driving and the acceleration was steady and responsive. It didn't have any trouble moving that fat lard of a 4dr.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Peppy!

I had tame expectations as I'm used to Ford's 2.7 and 3.5 engines. I was not disappointed at all, had both some town and highway driving and the acceleration was steady and responsive. It didn't have any trouble moving that fat lard of a 4dr.
You da man!

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll double down on that 2.3A. It's no rocket but not a slouch, especially off the jump. Will be great daily driver and for my needs.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Peppy!

Unfortunately, I made the change back to 2.7 and threw the key away haha. Even though I guarantee the 2.3 is more than enough, I would unnecessarily regret it...
Sponsored